Lament

Everything remains exactly as it was. I am I, and you are you, and the old life that we lived so fondly together is untouched, unchanged. Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.

                                           ― Harry Scott-Holland, Death Is Nothing At All.

Content warning: The summary below contains talk about the afterlife, violence, talk about mental illness, death, stabbing, murder, and other sensitive topics. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Everyone is scared of death. There's an on-going thought in people's heads that keeps them wondering, what really happens after one dies? Although many humans have come up with different theories, no one knows where you go after you pass away, and it's doubtless that no one ever will. Death is nothing at all. It's a moment where you can finally relax, there's nothing to stress about anymore, why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? All is well. Nothing is hurt; nothing is lost.

The Ghost wakes up on an ordinary day for him, a Wednesday, to be exact. He sees the same red chair in the same spot as last night. Nothing is changed; nothing is lost. Despite not wanting to go over this day again, he gets up from his bed and goes to the nearest mirror. Five hours. Five hours until he's forced to relive that horrible memory that has been haunting him even before he stopped living. The ghost's head is spinning, he didn't deserve this, he didn't deserve this never-ending purgatory that he was settled in. He throws his head back and slams the mirror out of anger, all the little glass pieces falling to the floor; yet his hands are completely fine, there's not a single cut in them―He can't feel anything. It's been so long since he had felt anything, so long since he had been stuck in this loop that he can't even remember his actual name.

September 17th, 1841. The day of the ghost's worst memory which will never escape his mind. The calm boy hears his friends' ear-splitting scream as he enters the dorm room, and immediately falls to his back in shock. There it was, all of his friends covered in blood laying on the ground, lifeless. Who would do such a thing? He thought to himself while staring at his friends who were slaughtered beyond recognition.

Months pass and the ghost is found with three bodies, all covered in blood laying on the ground. He became the same thing he once despised―the same thing that he swore only sick people would do. He's mourning for his friends yet he decided to do the same thing that broke him. His face slowly but surely changes once he realizes what he's done. His grief became the parasite that led him to commit the atrocious, gruesome crime. And before he could realize it, one of his victims that he thought was no longer alive, stabbed him in the chest. Not once, but seventeen times.

Now the boy that became what he most despised was trapped in his own mental prison and Tom Marvolo Riddle was his only hope to escape it.

kento yamazaki The Ghost

PLEASE, GOD, FORGIVE ME

benjamin wadsworth Tom Riddle

PUT OUT MY HAND, AND TOUCHED THE FACE OF GOD.

Authors note: goddamn after months of ignoring wattpad, i am back to publish this messy ass fic... anyways i dont know if i explained the plot very well but basically to the people that have sinned in their lifetime.. they will have their own lil mental purgatory where they relive their most horrible/traumatic experience over and over again every day. and well the ghost is one of them yea yea yea ive been thinking about this plot for over 5 months and its still messy so be patient w me :p this was inspired by the haunting of bly manor and the poem mentioned in the beginning.. and some other stuff that i forgot but ill list here when i remember HELP ok yea lastly im not good at updating but i do have 4 months free so ill try my best lol enjoy this and the act one for now. OH and ya this is harry potter and i will be adding characters like from time to time but i wont focus on harry potter frfr unless i really have to, ofc only for like toms plans and shit but i wont actually go into potions and hogwart classes blah blah that much yea (ANOTHER NOTE MONTHS LATER: damn... anyway i will seriously do this now)

Disclaimers: This story might contain violence, cutting of skin, talk about death/afterlife, manipulation, cursing, mentions of mental illnesses (ptsd, depression, anxiety, etc.) among others. Please read carefully but I will be adding content warnings on every chapter. Stay safe!

lament ― by CJ (2dfool.)