CHAPTER FIFTHTEEN

"Rin! Yin! I swear I will ruin you two devil spawns!"

Rai's yells echoed off the walls, traveling throughout the house, her anger making me pause my action of brushing my teeth. Spitting out the paste, I put m y grey toothbrush in the cup before wiping my mouth and walking out of the bathroom towards were the sound of an argument was coming from.

Entering the room, I noticed Jinsoo, and Sakura were seated on the sofa watching as the younger twins and Rai fought. Mama was also near in the kitchen, yet she didn't interfere with the argument. "Sibling's fight, that's how they share their love." She would explain, telling us about how she and my aunts fought all the time yet because they fought, they were closer than ever.

I never really understood that logic, I rarely fought with my older brother before he died yet our relationship, despite the age gap, was a really close one. Even now, I can count on one hand how many times I've fought with my sisters, yet I held a close relationship with each of them.

As sexist as it sounds, maybe fighting to show affection was a girl's thing.

Everyone was preparing for school which started in an hour but now it seems the houses attention was placed on the arguing trio. Walking over to the sofa, I took a seat between Sakura and Jinsoo, briefly telling the two "good morning" before looking towards the odd sight that was our eldest sister, Rai (age 18), fighting with my younger sisters, Rin and Yin (age 9).

But it wasn't the height and age gap that through me off, no I was used to Rai fighting with the younger twins. Out of everyone in the house, the twins seem to enjoy pranking Rai the most which leads to arguments from the oldest. So no, it wasn't that but rather the fact Rai's face was tainted a light blue color and after seeing the face mask gripped in Rai's hands, I knew that was the source of this all.

"It's pale pink! How did you even make my face blue?" Rai shouted the question that was without a doubt on all of our minds.

"We told you!"

"We didn't do anything!" The twins denied, but they held a smug look on that only made Rai madder and the screaming continued.

I looked over to where our mom stood in the kitchen, calmly making our lunches as if the eldest and youngest weren't about to murder each other. Sighing, I looked up at the clock hanging on the wall before standing up, "Kura, Jin-nee, school starts in 45 minutes, don't you two have morning activates?" Hearing my question, the two girls stood up with a nod before heading back up the stairs to get ready for school.

I was pretty much already dressed, all I needed to do was put on my shoes and grab my lunch and bag. Hearing the yells begin the grown louder, I walked over to the three, placing my hand on the twin's heads to stop them from screaming. Seeing this, Rai's eyes snapped up to me my own, her glare softening when she saw it was me. "Rai-nee, school starts in under an hour and I'm sure you want time to try to erase the blue dye off your face. Try a lemon juice and sugar scrub, the twins most likely used food dye, make sure to be careful with your eyes and rinse the lemon juice off thoroughly. Rin and Yin, you two should apologize to Rai-nee, your prank today was mean since she has to take her school ID photograph."

The twins hesitated and protests for a second but after a small nudge from me they gave in, "We're sorry Rai-nee." Looking up at Rai, I saw as she nodded her head in triumph.

"Whatever, just stay away from my face products from now on." Turning around, she walked into the kitchen, most likely to mix up the lemon and sugar scrub I told her. "Now," I spoke, looking down at the twins who also looked up when I spoke, "You two need to go get ready for school. I leave in.." Looking up at the clock, I squinted to count the time we have left, "Exactly 17 minutes, meaning you have 10 minutes to get dressed and come down so I can do your hair." Usually, Rai would do the twins hair for school, but I highly doubt she'd do the twins hair today after what happened.

Scratching my neck, I watched the two-girl run up the stairs before heading into the kitchen. "Morning mama." I greeted, taking a seat on the stool that was in the kitchen.

Looking up from where she was scooping the rice, Mama turned towards me before giving me a smile. "Morning, I see the second set and Rai ended their argument."

The second set is what she nicknamed Rin and Yin, Sakura and I were the first set. "Mhm, school starts soon, and they shouldn't be late." The two of us continued our small talk until the sound of feet thumping down the stairs ended our chat.

Walking back into the family room, I saw the twins waiting by the sofa, their hair kit held by Rin. Smiling at the two, I asked what they wanted before beginning work on Rin's hair since she held the kit. Like she asked, I plated her hair into two braids before moving on to Yin, letting her bangs hang free, I pulled her hair into the requested space buns. Just as I finished, I heard more footsteps head down the stairs.

"Ready?" Jinsoo asked earning nods from both Sakura and I. Walking out the kitchen, Mama handed us our bento boxes before bidding us goodbye. Slipping on my shoes and grabbing my bag, I waved to the twins who would be taken to school by Rai since their schools were closer.

Exiting the house, I looked towards the Sawada residence doing a double take when I saw a familiar black and yellow fedora clad baby walking through the gate. 'And so, it begins...' I thought with a smile before looking away to follow behind my sisters who paused to wait for me to catch up.

+++

Short chapter, but the next will be longer. After whom knows how long the plotline finally begins.

Guess the song!
Hint: Sung by Giveon
💔 📅

~Lilah