22シ

𝚆𝚁𝙸𝚃𝚃𝙴𝙽:𝟶𝟹𝟸𝟸𝟸𝟷

i shift my position in the bed i was laying in

i shift my position in the bed i was laying in. i pull an arm off of my body and face the person laying down beside me. he opened his eyes and smiled at me. "good morning."

"morning, levi." he props his head up with his hand and looks down at me. he tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and i look up, his steel grey eyes looking into my (e/c) ones.

"what are we doing today?" i ask.

"we're going to be doing hand on hand combat training." i nod and he gets up out of the bed. "you need to get ready, cadet. we're starting right after breakfast."

i hop out of the bed and go to the showers. i pull on my clothes and run down to the cafeteria to get my breakfast.

----------

"pair up!" levi instructs the soldiers around me.

"what do you say, y/n?" mikasa asks, behind me.

"let's go!" i smile.

"i'm not going to go easy on you."

"i don't expect you to." the both of us get into a fighting position. mikasa runs straight at me, swinging her fist at my face. i dodge the attack, but she had used her foot to kick me to the ground.

i quickly got up and blocked another kick she had sent my way. i used this as an opportunity to kick her other leg, making her fall to the ground.

i quickly pin down her arms and hold her down. "you done, mikasa?" i ask.

"fine, let me go!"

"okay, i giggle." i stretch my arm out for her to grab. i pull her up from the ground and i brush the dirt off of my uniform.

"you did good, y/n." mikasa says, patting my shoulder.

"you didn't do too bad either."

"great work, cadet." levi calls.

"thank you, captain!" i say, saluting. mikasa smirks and walks away from me. i look around for someone else to train with, but everyone was already fighting someone else.

"seems your having trouble." levi calls again.

"i know." i said quietly. he walks up beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"where did your partner go?"

"no idea."

"guess you'll have to train with me then, brat."

"bring it, levi." i say, getting back into position. he did the same a couple feet away from me. i felt tired from the previous match with mikasa.

levi came at me, and his fist came in contact with my stomach. i stepped back a bit and held my arms against my stomach. he came over to me again, this time kicking my feet underneath me. i fell back and he pinned me to the ground.

his hand were on either side of my head. "y/n?" he calls. "you okay?"

"levi?" i whisper. the lids of my eyes feel heavy and my conscience starts slipping away. i can hear levi calling out my name, but i don't feel like i can answer.

-------------

my head and stomach hurt. i opened my eyes, looking at a wooden ceiling in front of me. i look around and find levi sitting in the chair next to me. we were in his room.

"levi?"

"brat! hanji stopped by. they said you were sick." he said, slipping his hand on my forehead. "you feel hot."

i pull the blankets out to my chin. "i'll make you tea." levi said, getting up from his chair.

"wait!" i said, grabbing his sleeve. "can you just stay with me for a while?" he nods and sits back down in the chair. "i'm sorry, levi." i said quietly.

"what are you sorry for?"

"i'm sorry you have to sit here and take care of me."

"brat, this is my choice. i want to sit here and take care of you." he says, taking my hand in his. "you'll be okay soon anyways, you've just got a cold."

i squeeze his hand and he picks up a book from the bedside table that he had been reading. "do you have any work to do?" i ask, trying to fill the silent room.

"no, i finished it a while ago while you were resting." he said, running his thumb over my knuckles. i start to sit up in the bed. "what are you doing?"

"i don't need to lay here all day."

"you do."

"why?"

"because you're sick." he said, trying to lay me back down.

"levi, i didn't break a leg."

"i know, i just don't want you to get any worse."

"it's fine, levi, nobody else has a cold." he sighs and gets up from his chair.

"i'll go get you some soup and tea." he said, closing the door behind him. i pout to myself and look out the window to see if there was anything going on outside.

eren and armin were out there jumping around. it wasn't the best thing to watch, but it was something. eren started slapping the heels of his feet while jumping. i snickered to myself, watching armin trying to back away from the scene.

the door opens again and levi walks in with soup and tea. "what's going on?" he asked, setting the tea and soup on the bedside table.

"erens acting stupid."

"that's a surprise?" he asked, walking up to the window. "what's that kid doing?" he asked, pinching the skin between his eyebrows.

"i have no idea." i giggle, "i think it's making armin uncomfortable."

"it's making me uncomfortable." levi said, backing away from the mirror. levi sits back down on the chair and waits for me to stop watching eren acting like a five year old.

"eat the soup before it gets cold." he said, handing me the bowl.

"thanks, levi." i said, scooping the soup into my spoon.

"don't thank me, brat. i know you'd do the same for me."

"you sure?" i ask, blowing on the spoon.

"so you wouldn't?"

"don't know."

"don't play with me, brat."