Chapter 3: Truth

Suna got up and left the apartment without another word. He's heard enough. Only a few minutes later his parents registered that Rin was no longer there. There were more questions in his head than before. Confused and without a clear mind, he was now wandering around. His parents tried to reach him by cell phone. But without success. What happened that night that made everyone act so strange? Then always these recurring memories. That felt so real. Suna was torn from his thoughts by a car horn. He was walking on a bridge that was very busy. When he looked down from the bridge, he saw a dry lake. That's how he felt at the moment. Just empty, lost and helpless. Suna leaned against the railing and sagged.
Osa: ,,Suna!"
Sun: ,,Samu? What are you doing here?"
Osa: ,,I could ask you that too. Are you all right?"
Sun: ,,Don't touch me."
The older one shrank back briefly. He didn't expect such a reaction. Suna got up again. Confused grief turned into anger and he attacked Osamu. Samu allowed the younger one to open, but then held him tightly.Osa: ,, Let everything out Rin. Everything that goes through your head and burdens you. Let it out. I am here and will stay with you. "
Sun: ,,Just tell me what happened ... I half heard my parents talking."
Osa: ,,If I could, I would, but I can't. Because none of us was there when it happened. "
Sun: ,,As what happened! I need to answer Samu. "
Osa: ,,Can you remember anything? What was before you arrived in Sendai? Try to remember it."
Sun: ,,Before my arrival ..."
Osa: ,,You can't because you don't have the memories. The only thing you still knew was your and my name. "
Sun: ,,But how?"
Osa: ,,It was after a game. I wanted to pick you up, but came a little later because a guy like that wanted to make me mad. When I was finally able to see you, I was told you were already on your way. I couldn't reach you on my cell phone so I looked for you on my GPS. Then I finally found you, but ... passed out. I called an ambulance and tried to regain your consciousness. "
Sun: ,,Then you were the voice that I heard again and again in my dream and the lights on the car come from the ambulance."
Osa: ,,Yes, it looks like it. The doctor said it would be better if you could remember everything yourself. However, your parents and I shouldn't tell you anything. "
Sun: ,,That's why our date looked so familiar to me. And the yukata is mine, isn't it? "
Osa: ,,Exactly. I thought I could help you with it. We all hoped you might remember whoever did this to you. I still blame myself for not being there in time. To see you lying there was really the worst. "
Sun: ,,I'm sorry Samu. I really want to remember that night and be able to tell you. "
Osa: ,,You mustn't force yourself. Maybe it's even good that you don't know anymore ... I mean ... well ... you still haven't forgotten me. "
Sun: ,,You were my thread that I held onto. I'm so lucky to have you by my side. Anyone else would probably have left me alone, but you and my parents stayed. "
Osa: ,,I would never leave you alone."
Still firmly embraced, the two stood on the bridge. Rin felt a little better now. After what he has now learned, he did not know whether he wanted to remember that night. He has everything he needs.
Sun: ,,Tell me Samu."
Osa: ,,Yes?"
Sun: ,,What about your shop when you're here with me?"Osa: "Don't worry. Taro is currently taking care of it. "
Sun: ,,We should go back anyway. I can help you a little if you like. Free of charge, of course. "
Osa: ,,I'll make you my special onigiris again ok?"
Sun: ,,If you say so, it sounds really good. I'm looking forward to trying them. "
Together they made their way back. Suna took Samu's hand. The love they both felt for each other was really strong. Surely some were jealous of this bond. After 20 minutes they could see the shop where a small crowd was waiting outside the door.
Sun: ,,Didn't you say your friend wanted to take care of it?"
Osa: ,,Yes, let's get there quickly."
With every step they came closer to the crowd, a very familiar voice could be heard. The girlis literally screamed.
Osa: ,,What is he doing here?"
Gir: ,,Can I have an autograph too?"
Ats: ,,But only if you buy something in the store here, ok?"
Gir: ,,Of course."
Osa: ,,You already know that I won't pay you for advertising?"
Ats: ,,Ah there you are finally Samu."
Osa: ,,What are you doing here?"
Ats: ,,I thought I would come and visit you again."
Osa: ,,What do you need help with Tsumu again?"
Sun: ,,Do you really want to clear this up outside?"
A little annoyed, Samu grabbed Tsumu by the turtleneck and dragged him into the store. Suna followed the two and told the girls that it could take a while. He closed the door behind him.
Osa: ,,So what do you want Tsumu? "
Ats: ,,Well it's actually good news."
Sun: ,,Samu told me everything."
Ats: ,,Ah very good. So what I wanted to say. They arrested a guy yesterday who could be the culprit. Suna should take a look at the comparison. Maybe he'll recognize him again. "
Osa: ,,If Rin agrees, nothing speaks against it."
The twins looked at the younger ones. Samu went up to Suna and took his arm.
Osa: ,,You don't have to do that, Rin."Sun: "I know, but what if Tsumu is right and it would help me."
Osa: ,,But then I'll accompany you. I won't leave you alone anymore. "
Ats: ,,You go two times. I'll take care of the shop for so long. "
Osa: ,,Wasn't there anyone here when you got here?"
Ats: ,,But such an older gentleman. He said he wanted to do something quickly. "
Osa: ,,Well, I'll call Taro and ask where he is. Tsumu you can find your clothes in the back of the closet. "
While Atsumu was getting changed, Osamu could reach Taro and sort everything out.
The girls were also allowed to go into the shop and place their orders. When Taro was back with the shopping, Suna and Osamu made their way to the police where the confrontation was. The whole way the younger thought if it was the right one. He stopped in front of the police station.
Osa: ,,What do you have? Everything OK?"
Sun: ,,Samu, I don't want it."
Osa: ,,It's okay to be scared, Rin."
Sun: ,,I'm not scared. Nothing can happen to me ... I just don't want to remember it anymore. "
Osa: ,,Really? If that's your decision, I'll accept it. But Suna think of the others too. Who knows who you can help or save with it. Now you have the chance to arrest a bad guy. An innocent girl could be his next target. "
Sun: ,,All right, all right ... Let's go in ..."
In the building they then went to an officer. This led the two to the room where the confrontation took place. There were 4 different men there. Everyone stepped forward and said a sentence. But nothing moved with Suna. The voices didn't look familiar to him. Osamu said that the stranger could also have been masked and therefore maybe had a different voice. The officer again ordered all 4 men to step forward and this time to hold something in front of their mouths before they spoke. But again nothing moved with the younger ones. His head struggled against all the information that was being delivered to him. The officer broke off the comparison. He led them both out again and thanked them for their cooperation.
Osa: ,,I'm proud of you Suna."
Sun: ,,Oh really? I couldn't help. "
Osa: ,,But you tried."
Sun: ,,Yes I have."
Osa: ,,You still don't want to remember?"
Sun: ,,I have the feeling that my head explodes when I want it."
Osa: ,,We could try hypnosis."
Sun: ,,Hypnosis? Samu why are you so obsessed with it? "
Osa: ,,I want to finally face the bastard who did this to you ..."
Sun: ,,And I don't want to. You really insist on it too much. "
Osa: ,,What would you have done in my place? Calmly sat in the corner and left a chance unturned to protect a loved one. "
Sun: ,,I'm still alive or not. Leave the subject now. "
Osa: ,,You live because I located you with the cell phone. If I had been there just a few minutes late, it would have happened to you. We would all have lost you. "
Sun: ,,Samu are you listening to yourself right now? You talk in the past. The here and now counts. I can understand how you feel And I'm also infinitely grateful to you for what you've already done for me. But can you understand me too? Do you want me to remember the pain he did to me? "Osa: ,,No ..."
Sun: ,,Let's go back to the others and see it as a reboot."
Reluctantly, Osamu Suna's will. It didn't suit him at all that the younger wanted to give up so quickly. But he could make friends with the restart. He just loved Rin too much. So he tried to keep his resentment in check and focus on what the future holds for both of them.