"well, i don't think that would be a problem," callista jokes.  

        wanda gave her wife a serious look. "this is our home now, and i want us to fit in." she smiled. 

        "don't worry darling, we do." callista cooed, putting her arms around wanda's waist. "and we're going to amaze the town. especially with you wearing this!" callista took her hands off of wanda's waist, and picked up a black sparkly one-piece, which was supposedly wanda's costume. 

        "oh, that's actually your costume!" wanda snickered, making callista give her a dirty look. she put the costume back down on the couch, and wanda checked her watch. "well i better be going if i'm gonna make the planning committee meeting."

        callista started to put her jacket on, which she picked up from the coffee table. "i have to go too. there's a gathering of the neighborhood watch at the public library. and after last night's excitement, i want to make sure this town's security is at least ninety-nine percent effective.

        "that's a great idea. you tell those tree branches who's boss." wanda sarcastically encouraged castella.

        castella gave wanda a small peck on the lips. "well, i'm off then. see you at curtain call!" castella exclaimed, as she headed to the door, walking out of the house.

***

         callista walked into the library, seeing a group of men surrounding the front table. "excuse me, is this the neighborhood watch meeting?" callista asked, as she got closer to the table. all of the men at the table turned to callista, and stared her down. 

         "oh, hi callista!" norm piped up. "i didn't think that you'd come to these meetings." 

        "we don't allow women at these meetings," an older man, sitting in the back grumbled. 

        callista scoffed and put her hands on her hips. "excuse me?" 

         "you know, callista is the best in the office at work, i think we can let it slide," norm defended the girl, patting the seat next to him. "come sit." 

        callista silently thanked the man and sat down. "i'll make sure to stay as quiet as i can." 

        "well, we're about to just be getting into something new," a man replied to the girl. he wore an afro and a sweater vest. 

        "could you inform me on how often you rotate security patrols?" callista asked. 

        "oh, new business means another round of danish." norm smiled, informing the girl. 

        "raspberry or cheese-filled?" jones, a man that callista had met before, held up a box. 

        "oh, neither for me. i had a big breakfast," callista chuckled, as she sat back in her chair. 

        "hey fellas, callista here has got a point." the man with the afro spoke up. "now, listen up. i got some top secret intelligence for you." everyone leaned in, so the other people in the library couldn't hear. "so, you know how johnson's been bragging' about the treehouse he built for his kids?"