👻 300 Special 💍 pt. 2

Start from the beginning

"How dare you speak about his majesty's beloved in such a casual manner!" A shocked apparition yelled, but as he placed his hand on the hilt of his sword out of reflex, the spectre realised that he may have been overreacting a bit too harshly for what he'd assume was a misspoken accident. "I can't trust such a shady characters as yourselves, but if you absolutely must present yourselves as a suitor for his grace, then... show me the strength of your resolve!"

The bachelors of NRC froze at those words, expecting the oncoming attack of a ghostly sword which would begin a battle to prove their strength, however...
That was not what happened...

Instead, the ghost pulled out a box of cards and held it out to the group of boys so they could see the title written on the packaging.
"I found this mysterious game of cards in the shop near your school! The shopkeeper informed me that it's a legendary game used to deside who is the ruler of the game and the loser of the game, the ruler being able to live with pride for their win while the loser has to deal with crippling shame of their loss. All while staying non-violent with a lack of casualties! It's like a war, except without having to suffer the loss of your brethren and not having to deal with the everlasting guilt of ending a person's life!"

The group of students blanked when they saw what card game the soldier was proudly describing with great enthusiasm.
It was uno.
The ghost was suggesting that they play a game of uno.

"Huuuuh!?"

🌟💫🌙+++++++++++++———————————————++++++++++++++🌙💫🌟

"No! How could this be!?" The undead soldier cried out as he lost for the third time in a row, tears threatening to fall as he lamented over his defeat.

"Can you just let us in now? We were supposed to go in either way and now we're just late." Leona grumbled as he placed down his last card and presented his empty hands with an impatient frown.

"Y- you guys are... better than expected. It's clear that your serious about being his grace's suitors." The ghost nervously coughed as he tried to forget his recent despair upon losing. "...I shall lead you all to where his majesty and his beloved wait. Follow me through the gate!"

"Finally..." The Savanaclaw dorm leader let out a sigh as he stood up from his spot on the ground, where he and the apparition had been playing the game of cards.

Following behind the nervous spectre, the group of bachelors looked around at the redecorated school that had changed so much to the point where it felt like a different place entirely. Everyone ogled at the vastly different decorations of white and blue that litter their sights until eventually the NRC students arrived at a door where the soldier stopped and politely knocked on the wooden entrance.
"Y- you're majesty... the bachelors have arrived." He spoke out nervously, quickly averting his eyes to the boys behind him when he mentioned them and then back towards the door.

"...You may let them in." Came the reluctant voice of the Ghost King, who was less than pleased at their arrival.

"Of course, my king!" The ghost exclaimed and opened the door with a hesitant creek before running off, likely to avoid any arguments that could sprout up between the undead ruler and the ones after his fiancé.

"Is this all the bachelors who wish for my beloved's hand?" The regal male asked in a serious tone, raising an eyebrow as he crossed his arms and stood just in front of (name), blocking him out of the suitors' sights.

"Well... not exactly all the bachelors..." Trey nervously answered as he scratched the back of his neck. "There were quite a few students besides us who wanted to come as well, but we ended up shortening the group to only us seven."