Dreams are a journey to achieve

At first she was excited. Now she was beginning to regret it. But then… There was him. Him and his devastating smile, him and his kindness, him and his easy leadership. He was as fascinating as this island, and if she wasn't too preoccupied with the beauty of the nature surrounding them, she surely would have taken a dozen pics of the man in front of her. Being this lost in thoughts made her trip and nearly fell on one of her comrades, Slivko. Excusing herself, she attempted a smile, and stood right again. Stealing a glance to the male who interested her, she was disappointed to see that he didn't give her the attention she was hoping to gain with her non-intentional fall.

Focus Mason !

She was on a goddamn island, where monsters existed and are living in it ! Every breath can be her last, and yet, her thinking was on one man only. It was surely an unhealthy obsession for the male who would maybe save them all, or at least, she hoped. The male has his nerves, but he was also extremely caring and courageous. Everyone was letting their fear out, except for him. He needed to be the strong one, so people can be rather calm about their situation. Sure, she started on the wrong foot with him, maybe. But also, something was tying her to him, a link with enough force to make her forget about everything else. Who was she kidding, she couldn't forbid her mind to wonder how good it would be to feel him against her, in a tight hug, or, if she was bold enough, thinking about the righteous of his lips on hers, hands tangled in hair, eyes closed, just savouring the moment…

"Weaver ! Are you alright ?"

She lifted her head up, meeting the glance of the former S.A.S. in front of her. Everyone around them was watching, stopped in their tracks.

"Uh ? Yeah, everything's fine ! What's the matter ?

-You literally stopped walking, and you seemed to be lost in deep thoughts, girl. We don't have time for that !"

It was Slivko who replied. Poor boy was afraid, but couldn't say it too much, because he was a soldier. He couldn't let his emotions go away from his own control over them.

"I did ?

-Yes. Are you sure you're good ? We can take a break if you want-

-No, no it's okay ! I'm sorry, it will not happen again."

And then she just walked past the tracker, avoiding his gaze as much as she could, taking the lead of their little group. Man, the day will be long. But the mercenary would not let go that easily. He joined her again, attempting no physical contact, but still trying to meet her eyes.

"Weaver, you are not alone here. We need to trust us all, because without that, it will be more difficult for us. You know that ?"

When no replies came, he walked faster, then posted himself in front of the woman.

"The key to survive here is to communicate with each other the best we can. It's scary, but that's our fate right now. We need to escape, as a team."

Still no sound from her, so he let himself grab her hand, gently, not squeezing it too hard so she could remove it if she wanted to. He finished by practically begging her, his face looking like a guilty puppy.

"Weaver… Weaver please, look at me."

When she finally met his gaze, she was stunned by his soft expression, reassuring but worried.

"I need to be sure that everyone is okay. I know it's difficult, I know it's terrifying, but we will go through it. Because we are together. I don't want to force you on anything… But please, tell me sincerely if you feel okay or not. I… We could help you. We are a team, right ?"