[2] 𝐛𝐞.𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫

🍋 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝐬𝐮𝐦 𝐧𝐬𝐟𝐰 <𝟑 🍋

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

Cold.

That's all you could feel as you woke from your state of unconsciousness, along with the harsh sensation of ropes around your wrists and ankles. A lack of vision left you trembling at the thought of what happened to you—the remembrance of the last memory you had.
I was walking home... I remember listening to an album with my-

My headphones. The soundproof headphones you had at one time cherished were now the cause of your falling tears. "Goddammit!" Why you? Why did it have to be you down here? Not that you wished anyone a similar fate, but how likely is it that you would be the target of an abduction?

At least, you thought to yourself, I don't seem to be hurt anywhere— And it was true. You felt fine—uninjured—and if anything, you felt better than when you had left school, which you credited to your <unconscious> prolonged rest.

...It was still cold, though. A rough chill went up your spine, causing you to shiver just as you heard the sound of a door creaking open. A whoosh of warm air hit you, tingling your senses back from the verge of numbness.
But your nerves were reset as you heard a voice call your name.

"I apologize for the coldness of my basement."

A man? No—a boy? Shuffling from the direction of where the warm air had rushed in from shook you back to your senses. What could he even want from you?

And then it hit you.
He's going to rape me, isn't he. The thought was interjected by the boy once more as he laid a blanket over your legs, which were still clothed in the jeans you had worn to school the day of your disappearance, which served to ease your concerns—for the moment.

"Are you warmer now? I see you've stopped shivering"

Face tensing under the blindfold, you were hesitant to answer. Your knees crossed out of pure fear for what would happen next—what he would do to you next. "...Yes. Tha-" Tears fell down your cheeks like rain in spring. "Thank you," you managed to top off with a sneeze.

"Here," he called your name as he removed the blindfold, readying a box of tissues. "I'm sincerely apologetic for this situation, but don't cry, dear." He continued wiping your tears as your eyes grew wider with each of his words.

Apologetic? What is this situation, really?... But the biggest shock factor in this moment was his face. He was stunning.

"Have I scared you?..." His brown eyes gazed into yours—which were now red from crying. The squatting position he took in front of you made him feel more harmless than you figured he was.

"N-No..." Head turning with the limiting mobility you had, you noted your surroundings, of which you concluded to be an unkempt basement: a cold, tiled floor with harsh lighting to match, along with rusted utilities like an unusable toilet and a sink. It smelled like metal. "I'm just curious as to where I am," you said more weakly than you had intended to.

"You're on vacation. At my home." He noticed you glancing around at the facilities and added, "Please don't be alarmed—you won't be staying down here."

Well that answers that, you thought. He didn't seem to be willing to forfeit details of your whereabouts, or if you were even still in a decent proximity of where you were abducted, but it was reassuring to know you wouldn't have to stay in this shitty basement for long.
...He seemed awfully gentle for a kidnapper, though... So you struck the idea of trying to negotiate.