Ch.4 Colleagues

■Y/N's POV■

I've just finished eating my breakfast and cleaning the dishes. I tidy up a little before taking a shower and dress up. Today is my first day at work.

I put my shoes on, checking my stuff inside my bag, make sure I bring all the essentials. I open my door and step out of my apartment.

Right when I stepped out of my place, Semi just closes his door and stands in front of it looking at me.

Semi: morning... going to work?

Y/N: ah... yes, it's my first day...

Semi smiles at me and walks closer. I close my door and the two of us walk to the elevator together. We didn't say anything until we get into the elevator. Semi clears his throat and starts a conversation.

Semi: uh, so why did you decided to return to Japan? Uh it doesn't mean you can't ret-

I chuckle at Semi's frantically waves his hands in front of him.

Y/N: it's okay... I know... I uh... months ago grandpa died... that's why my family decided to live here again so my grandmother wouldn't be alone...

Semi's eyes widened, every time I talk about this, it still makes me sad. I'm close with grandpa after all.

Semi: sorry to hear that...

I look at Semi as he looks troubled. He still is the same. When things like this came out, he would look troubled.

Y/N: it's okay Semi... Grandpa is in a better place now...

Semi stares at me and smiles. The elevator stops and we both walk out of it. We get out of our apartment building and look at each other.

Semi: uh... I'll see you around... careful on your way Y/N...

How my name came out of his lips still making me shiver.

Y/N: yes... you too, Semi...

With that Semi walks to the parking lot area. I turn around and walk to the bus stop.

■Semi's POV■

I stop walking and look back to see as Y/N walks to the bus stop and sits on the bench. Y/N is close to her grandfather, I know that since we were together before. Losing him definitely made her sad, I could see the way she talked about it earlier.

I stole a glance at her face once again, as she waiting for the bus to come.

I need to find the right time to apologize to her

With that, I continue walking to the parking lot where my car is and drive to my office.

I sit on my desk and put my bag under the desk and checking on the things that I need to work on.  My colleague, Seto, came to me and pats my shoulder. He told me that we will be having newcomers in our division.