Chapter 6: The Realization

"Y/n, why do you keep staring at Fred and acting nervous around him?" Ginny asked. "I don't. Do I?" "Yeah, quite often actually. I think you like him," Amelia said. "No, I don't," I defended. "Yes, you do!" all four girls said simultaneously. "How can you prove that?" I asked.

"Do you get butterflies around him?" "Yes," "Do you feel really happy for no reason if someone mentions him?" "Yes," "Do you find yourself subconsciously trying to look nicer when he's around?" "Yes," "Imagine that you two are snogging. How does it feel?" "Good. Magical. Amazing. Oh wait..." See? You like him! A lot!" Hermione said. "Well, I've never liked anyone before, so I'm not sure what to do," I told them. "We'll help you! Don't worry!" Luna reassured.

**************************

Ok, I have to admit, having a crush on someone is fun. The girls help me every morning with cute hairstyles, pretty outfits and light makeup. They also brought to my attention that Fred seems to like me, too. I'm not quite sure of that, though.

Fred's POV

I have come to the realization that I like Y/n. I haven't told anyone, but I started trying to look better in the morning. I also tried talking and spending time with her more often. George keeps getting suspicious of me, but I try to play it off.

Y/n's house is awesome. Her parents are really nice, too! It's also cool how she can spend so much time alone, yet be so entertained. I guess she's had practice being an only child. In the kitchen, they have what they call the 'Chamber of Sweets', which is literally a chamber full of Muggle and magic sweets. I found out she likes baking, because they also have a separate room in the kitchen that's for baking and she spends a lot of time there.

Me and George decided that since our mom isn't here, we'd grow our hair out. We always wanted to, anyway. Lee said it's a great idea. Ginny noticed that our hair was getting longer and asked about it, and we told her our plan. She didn't seem to mind, but she told everyone else. Y/n thought it would look nice on us, which made me want to do it even more.

**************************

"Freddie, you don't think I'm stupid, do you?" George and I were discussing what to do today. "What are you talking about? I just said we should ask Y/n what she's doing, and do that with her!" I said. "Fred, you like her. A lot. And you're trying to spend as much time as possible with her," George told me. "Ugh fine. I like her. Happy now?" "No. You need to let her know subtly," "And how do I do that?" "I'll show you, don't worry,"

I was glad George was going to help me, but I was still nervous. I never liked anyone this much before. I never dated anyone either. But I was willing to try. I mean, I really liked Y/n, so I should do something about it. Right?

Y/n's POV

Today, I was sitting by the duck pond, and then Fred came to join me. I was curious as to why he wasn't with George, so I asked him. "Hi, Fred. Where's George?" "Oh, he's putting shaving cream in Ronnikins's toilet," "I see. You know, the maids aren't too happy with your little shaving cream pranks," "Oh sorry about that," I smiled. His hair was growing quite a bit now. We stared at each other for a while, he was sitting next to me and his face wasn't too far from mine. His eyes looked like they wanted something. My heart was beating so fast. I wondered if something was going to happen, but it happened for me.

A duck quacked so loudly it took us out of our little trance. I didn't know whether to be mad or to thank the duck. Instead I just gave it some bread since I like to feed them.

Later that day, I sat next to Fred during lunch. I kept feeling his eyes on me, and that gave me butterflies. Did he like me back? Did he know I liked him? What the hell is going on? I felt heat rising up to my cheeks, which earned me some smirks from the girls and a confused look from Draco.

The next day, I saw Draco sending an owl to someone. "Hey, Draco. Who's the owl to?" I asked. I figured it was to his mother, but his answer caught me by surprise. "Daphne," he said. I smiled. This was the third time he sent an owl to one of our friends. Usually, he wasn't too social. "I'm proud Draco, I really am," I told him. He smiled.

A/N:

Hello! Sorry if this chapter wasn't that long or a bit boring, I wasn't sure what to write for the summer. Next chapter will be a bit better since they're starting Hogwarts again though, so don't worry. Also, just a heads up I might not be updating daily anymore, it might take an extra day or two. I actually wrote all these chapters during spring break, and it ended. So I need to catch up with school and life while keeping up with updating yk? So please leave some suggestions if you have any! (I'm writing this A/N during English class btw. I hate this teacher) 

Not Your Average Slytherin - Fred Weasley FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara