3

i'm so unbelievably sorry i haven't updated! i haven't had a laptop for months! :( hope this makes up for it. xx

__________________

My heart drops to my stomach the second I read the sickening words.

"P.S. Your mother seemed like a nice lady". I re-read aloud, letting the words truly sink in.

I let the card drop out of my hands as I run over to my open bedroom door. This is just a sick and twisted joke, right?

"Mother?" I call as I lean again my door frame looking down the hall. I wait a good 5 seconds and there's no answer.

"Mother!" I call even louder but still nothing.

I let out a dry, humourless laugh at absurdity and craziness of this. What does this mean? What do I do?

Someone's playing a sick joke on me and it's affecting me more than it should.

"Mother!" I shout again, when there's still no answer I begin to get paranoid.
I'd rather be safe than sorry, right?

I tiptoe down the hall and then silently descend the staircase. There's an eerie silence downstairs which spooks me and causes an ill feeling in my stomach.

I look around and my mother is nowhere to be seen.

"Mother? Where are you?" I call, but when there's no answer I finally come to my senses.

"Mother! Seriously, where are you?" I fearfully yell while scurrying through every room in search for my mother.

This isn't happening, this can't be happening.

After looking in every room my mother is definitely not in the house. I want to know exactly what is going on, but first of all I need to call the police. It's only a matter of time before something horrible could happen to her.

I take a deep breath, and put my fingers to my temples. My eyes unintentionally well with tears and within a matter of seconds my skin is stained of salty reminders of my mother. I hurry to the land line and force my shaky fingers to dial 911.

"911 what's your emergency?" an operator answers.

"My mother is gone, I'm sure she got taken." the words fumble out of my mouth.

"Okay, slow down. I need you to tell me exactly what's happened?" the lady operator attempts to calm me.

"My mother has been taken by Ivy Reid's murder!" I frantically yell.

"Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home. I live at 4 Emerson Lane-"

"Okay sweetheart, I need you to breathe. The police are on their way. Do you think you can answer a few questions?"

"Yes, of course." I state somewhat agitatedly.

"Alright, did you see your mother getting taken?"

"No, but I know she's been taken!" I cry.

"How do you know your mother has been taken?"

"I just know, alright?" I raise my voice, then lower it to almost a mumble, "I received a threat."

I hear police sirens and soon enough I see cop cars pulling into my driveway.

"The police are here." I state into the phone before hanging up on the rude lady. She obviously thinks I'm lying or I'm crazy, and I regret hinting about the letter.

"Keep imagining things and you might end up as insane as me."

The wicked sentence hasn't stopped haunting my mind since the second it was spoken to me in that deep raspy voice. Maybe I'm on the slow road to insanity...