"but-"

"get everyone out of here and to safety. make sure not a single person is left free walking the halls. no innocent life is dying. understand?" xiaomei's voice was cold while her eyes were fierce.

"yes general!" renjun grabs hendery's hand and pulls him out the room. renjun reaches for the door handles and closes the doors behind him.

xiaomei's eyes were quick to move around the room once the doors closed. she already took notice of four figures earlier on but now she caught sight of another three. seven people with her alone in this room. xiaomei took in a large breath before running up the staircase.

the first sight she saw were two people with swords in hand; one man and one woman. xiaomei scoffed loudly before charging at them. without their quick reflexes, xiaomei immediately knocked them both down on their knees. while elbowing the man's back, she kicked the other lady in the back knee.

"you two are too slow." without a second thought, she slit the man's back open before she slit the woman's neck.

the blood began to flood out their wounds and began seeping through their clothing.

"what a waste." xiaomei sighed before she continued walking.

"what a pretty mask for such a dirty person." a croaky voice said.

in front of her was a man who was at least in his late 40s. he held a sharp fu (battle axe) in his outstretched hand.

"aren't you too old to be fighting? don't your bones hurt? should i give you a massage or..just end your pain?" xiaomei asked with an evil and demonic smirk.

"what kind of general are you?! you're crazy!!"

"crazy or just doing what's right? i bet you couldn't tell the difference." xiaomei chuckled lowly at the man.

he raised his fu and ran toward xiaomei. xiaomei chuckled to herself before charging straight forward with him.

with one quick movement, xiaomei moved to the side and cut his arm. while he stumbled forward, xiaomei tripped him with a foot and dragged her sword along his back.

"say hi to yan wang for me." xiaomei said with no emotion.

as xiaomei turned around to continue walking, she caught sight of a woman rushing to the door downstairs. xiaomei chuckled to herself again and jumped down from the second floor to the first. as she landed on her two feet, she grabbed a dagger hidden in her shoe and threw it at the door.

"where do you think you're going? the party isn't over yet." xiaomei walked closer to the lady. the lady turned around with scared eyes and shook in fear.

"p-please i-i'm innocent! i d-didn't m-mean to-"

"oh cut the crap lady." xiaomei spat at her with a venomous tone.

the lady's demeanor was soon to change while she took out her sword.

"oh general li, you're too smart for my games." the lady took small steps forward while dragging her sword against the ground; creating an unpleasant screeching noise.

"i like your attitude, let's fight shall we?" xiaomei smiled sarcastically at the older lady.

"of course." the lady charged at xiaomei with her sword pointing forward.

xiaomei immediately dodged her attack but she only missed by barely anything.

the unknown lady was much more quicker and much more efficient than xiaomei. of course the woman was older and surely had more experience but also her technique was something xiaomei had never seen.