First Day In The Glade

You woke up to a loud shudder, the metal floor shook beneath you causing you too fall. The cold air filled your lungs as you realised you were surrounded by complete darkness. You were trapped, in some sort of metal compartment. The box suddenly jolted upwards. You fall into a pile of boxes that read the word "W.C.K.D". That word sounded familiar to you, but how?

"HELLO?" you shout. Your voice echos through the box. You couldn't seem to remember anything about yourself, just your name. You thought, my name is Y/N. Silence. Finally the box stops, you look up and the box begins to open. Sunlight hits your face. A crowd of unfamiliar faces surround you, it was a large group of boys. One of the boys edged closer towards you, you cowered in fear.

"Hey it's okay, i'm not going to hurt you." he offers you his hand and you take it. He helps you out of the box and all the boys are staring at you. "Where am i?" you say confused. The boy that helps you explains "This is the glade, i'm Minho and you're our new greenie". Minho..you recognise that name. "Greenie? What the hell does that mean?" you say with an annoyed tone. A boy that looks older than the others steps through the the crowd. "Every month someone gets sent up in that box with new supplies. This month, that's you". There was an awkward silence. "I'm Alby, nice to meet you" You shake his hand and smile confidently. "Welcome to the glade" Alby says and walks away, the others follow him. You turn around to look at Minho "Come on newbie follow me, i'll show you around".

"Why am i here" you ask him. "None of us now that all we know is that we're here for a reason. Now, this is where we all sleep." He shows you to a group of hammocks. "The builders are building you a hut for your personal needs" He looks you up and down. You scoff. He's a sassy one, you thought to yourself. "What's over there?" you point to the far forest. "That's what we call the deadheads. There's a grave there from someone who we've lost". You look at him shocked. "People have died in here?" he looks at you and walks in silence. You follow him over to what appears to be the kitchen. You see two boys cooking something that smells interesting. "Hey guys, you must be the new greenie" He looks at you. "I'm Frypan". he says with an inviting smile. "Nice to meet you Frypan" you smile back. "And that's Jim" Minho says looking at Jim. "Nice to meet you greenie" he says with a slight smile.

"Hey minho, what's through those doors?"you say pointing to the exterior of the glade. "Nothing good, only the runners can go through those doors. Me and Ben are runners besides, it's dangerous" he says. "What do you mean the maze?" you look at him worriedly. "Through those doors is a maze, that maze changes every night. Me and Ben run that maze everyday mapping it, trying to find a way out." "And have you?" you say. "Not yet. Anyways, there's a bonfire tonight for your arrival. I'll hopefully see you there" he smiles at you and walks away and joins the other runners. You thought to yourself, i can't wait.