A Little Advice Part 2

Ben walked into the skill lab, where Jackson was practicing for a surgery. Ben greeted Jackson.
"Shh man, before I mess this up," Jackson told him.
"Sloan's got you working like a dog." Ben laughed.
"Whatever. Where have you been this past week?"
"At home."
"With Doctor Bailey," Jackson smirked.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Come on. The two people who are at this hospital almost every day are absent at the same time. That isn't a coincidence."
"Okay. Me and Miranda were together. But it's not what you think."
"Hey, I think you two would be a great couple. But isn't she married?"
"Yeah, but her husband is trash."
"Well, make a move then."
"I will, but-"
Jackson cut him off. "But nothing. You know how Miranda is. If you don't show her that you're courageous, she'll never go for you."
"Yeah, that's true. But I don't know exactly if she likes me."
"You will never know if you don't try."
"Yeah, I'll ask her out tonight."
"Attaboy!" Jackson said.
Ben came out of the lab and went to his office to work. Later that day, Miranda walked into Ben's office.
"Doctor Bailey. What can I do for you?" Ben sat back in his chair with a smirk on his face.
"Oh, nothing. Just coming in to see how you're doing."
"How I'M doing? I thought it was my job to worry."
"It doesn't have to be." She went behind his desk where he was sitting and leaned up against it.
Ben ogled at her legs. She was wearing a pencil skirt because she had a meeting later today.
"Hey Miranda, uh, what are you doing later today?"
"Well, I have a meeting later today, then I'm free."
"Great . . I mean . . I was wondering if you . . . you don't have to say yes if you don't want to, because I don't want to force you." Ben rambled.
"Of course I would go to dinner with you, Benjamin Warren."
Ben had a dumb smile on his face.
"The crazy thing is, I was just coming in here to ask you the same thing."
"Well, great minds think alike." He got up out of his chair and leaned closer to her.
"They do."
"So, dinner at my place around 9?"
"Meet you there." She gave him a peck on the cheek and walked out of the office.
Ben didn't know how he got so turned on, but he had to adjust his pants. He left the hospital and went to the store, picking up two steaks and other supplies that he would need for this special night.