“Learn to share!” Cynthia countered.

“But you would never give her back,” Peter replied.

I chuckled and Cynthia looked at me. “What? You know he’s right.”

She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. “Fine. Side with the best friend stealer.”

“Well technically I am his,” I pointed out and caught peter smile at my words.

He kissed my temple. “See. She’s on my side. Mine. Not yours.”

She stuck her tongue out. “No fair. That is so taking advantage of being her mate! If I make out with her it’d only be weird!”

I smiled slightly then looked at Peter. “Can we have some time to talk?”

He noticed the serious in my eyes and nodded. “I’ll be right outside if you need me.”

I nodded back to him knowing that if I spoke I’d only say that I would always need him. Cynthia looked at me confused as he left. I took a deep breath to prepare myself. “You deserve to know what happened the night my parents died.”

“Are you sure?” she asked softly grabbing my hand.

“You said I needed to trust someone,” I told her. “And there is no one I trust more than you and Peter.”

“Okay,” she replied. “Tell me.”

Cynthia didn’t take the truth much better than Peter. I know for the next few weeks, months, or possibly years, Cynthia and especially Peter would be even more over-protective of me than before. Great. Because his parents weren’t bad enough. I swear Luna Kiara has checked on me 60 times and Peter and I have only been home less than 3 days. All of which Peter never let me leave his room.

I sighed and grabbed the bag of Twizzlers. Cynthia, Peter and I were in his room watching horror movies. Right now we were at the end of Mama. “I don’t like this,” I comment turning to look up at Peter.

He frowned with me. “I agree. Let’s blame Cynthia because she picked it out.” Before I could respond a handful of popcorn hit him in the face.

I arched an eyebrow at a too smug to be innocent Cynthia. “Really. I sleep on this bed, there was no need to get popcorn all over the bed.”

Cynthia rolled her eyes. “That is not my problem.”

I shook my head at her and grabbed a piece of popcorn of Peter’s lap and threw it back at her. She of cause, being the same girl who claims to drink juice boxes like a badass, just ate it. Peter shook his head and collect the scattered handful of over buttered popcorn and tossed in in his trash can.