"I feel so bad, we haven't visited her once," a voice she recognized as Aisling rang out.

"I know, but she asked to be left alone and we have to respect that," Cecilia's kind voice rang out. 

"I actually- I went to see her yesterday," Philippa admitted.

"What?" Cece exclaimed, her voice slightly angry. "Why? She asked us specifically for space!"

"I know! I know! But I was worried! She hadn't responded to my owl in weeks and she always responds at least within the day. And I was right," Philippa revealed. "When I got there she was breathing really hard and shaking. She was trying not to cry- and she didn't- but still. I don't think she's doing ok." 

"Well her mom did just- you know-" Cece replied. "And we all know how close they were." 

"I promised her I'd visit today," Philippa said. "Maybe you gals could come with me? We could bring food and games and stuff."

"I love that! My parents just got Saturday Night Fever and it has John Travolta in it! It'll be sure to cheer her up!" Aisling exclaimed.

Betty, from her hiding, felt her heart swell. She truly did love her friends and they loved her. She took and deep breath and quickly and quietly walked towards the table. She mustered all of the good energy that they had been sending her way and covered Aisling's eyes with her hands.

"Guess who," Betty said in a funny voice.

"Oh my god," Aisling breathed out as she turned around to see her face.

All three girls quickly got up and attacked Betty with hugs.

"We were just about to come and visit you!" Aisling exclaimed breathlessly. 

"How are you feeling, lovebug?" Philippa asked. 

"Since yesterday? Better," she replied with a sure smile.

"Pip told us what happened," Cecilia revealed. "We're so worried. Please talk to us."

"You always take such good care of us and now it's our turn!" Aisling exclaimed. 

Betty smiled gratefully as they all sat down. Philippa went up to the counter and ordered Betty's usual and came back with it, placing the ice cream in front of the girl.

"I haven't had ice cream in a while," Betty admitted. "It's mostly been toast and things."

"That's awful! No one should have to live without ice cream!" Aisling exclaimed. "Eh, maybe if you're lactose intolerant." 

"So, do you want to talk about ... you know or ...?" Cece asked.

"Maybe a distraction?" Betty asked, cringing a little.

"'course!" Philippa exclaimed. "Let's see ... the weather has been positively balmy and I got a new swimsuit when I went to the shops with my mum the other day and I can't wait to wear it!" 

"That sounds like so much fun! I made a couple new sundresses in color that I just know are going to be in this season," Aisling said excitedly. "I actually have some of the drawings here."

She then dug through her bag and pulled out several pieces of parchment — all with designs of dresses and trousers and blouses. Because the parchment had a spell on it, the people that she'd drawn wearing them were moving around the page and showing off the designs like at a fashion show. 

The girls crowded around the parchment, staring, wide eyed at their friend's designs. They excitedly talk about their favorite designs or favorite parts of them.