Chapter 12 A Hamster that drops a horse without knowing it[1]

Start from the beginning

This time, the process of pulling-out was obviously different from his previous control. The cobweb-like wires were pulled out in a certain order and strength. Everytime a wire was pulled-out, the child lying on the platform would tremble.

Half a day passed before they were able to completely pulled out thousands of wires. Suo Bin excitedly looked at the data on the instrument. “Boss, he’s still alive, although he is so weak right now but there’s no more danger to his life.”

Chen Chengduo, who had re-collected his powers, swayed. Controlling his metal ability precisely for a long period of time was more tiring than when he killed hundreds of beasts.

Just, where did the feeling came from?

Chen Chengduo looked at the little warpet nestled in the child’s hand. When he saw the soft little body lay motionless, Chen Chengduo was suddenly alarmed and immediately reached out to take Shu Xiaohui.

The soft little body was in his hand, its little head hung down, the little claws curled up, and it did not move.

“Suo Bin!” Chen Chengduo roared.

His voice was extremely urgent and fierce. Suo Bin shivered and hurried over. “Boss?”

“Take a look, what’s wrong with him?” Chen Chengduo almost gnawed his teeth.

Suo Bin took a look, still for a moment, and quickly began to check his eldest brother’s Warpet.

The more surprised and nervous Suo Bin was when he checked, the more he looked up at his elder brother from time to time. After confirming Shu Xiaohui’s condition, he panicked to check Chen Chengduo.

Chen Chengduo frowned and said, “Don’t look at me. I’m okay. Tell me what’s wrong with it?”

Suo Bin said cautiously, “Boss, it seems to be dying!”

“Bullshit, Laozi is living well. How can it(mc) be dying?!!” Chen Chengduo’s rare rudeness roared out.

“Boss, your Warpet may be different from the others.”

Suo Bin examined it again, but he has relatively little knowledge at first-aid and he was not a veterinarian. He checked for a while and did not know what to do, so he had to shake his head.

Chen Chengduo furrowed his eyebrows, covered his warpet and went out.

Shi Rui stood up to chase, however Li Hui quickly pulled him back. “Let the boss calm down for a moment.” Although it was a little bit small in size, and they had just found him for a little over three days. It can be seen that their elder brother was very fond of it.

Chen Chengduo stood outside with his dying pet. It was already dark and apart from the dimly light of the stars, there was no light in the ruined city.

Chen Chengduo sat cross-legged, looked at the small dumpling with outstretched limbs in his palm. He stretched out his hand and gently scratched its belly. “Be good and sleep well. I’ll cook for you tomorrow.”

Someone was extremely firm in his belief that his little dumpling would not die.

Chen Chengduo sat outside most of the night, covering his family’s warpet. Fortunately, although the temperature in his palm was not high, it continued to exist. In the later half of the night, the small dumpling in his palm suddenly kicked down its legs and stepped on his little finger with its slightly cool claw.

Chen Chengduo gently opened his covered hand, and before he could see it carefully, a faint white light rose from the ground and converged on the small hamster in his palm. Chen Chengduo suddenly thought of what Professor Wei had said at the beginning: “Now that antiquity only inspires human powers, there is probably some connection with the earth as to how the powers can be raised.”

Chen Chengduo was still expecting his family’s warpet to wake up when his palm suddenly sank. Shu Xiaohui’s body flashed a glimmer, and then a pale, handsome and lovely man fell between his arms, two hands nestled in his chest, unconsciously making a sound in his mouth, “squeak… I want to drink water..”

Chen Chengduo’s jaw dropped. For the first time, he could clearly understand the meaning of this little squeak. He raised his hand and drew out the stainless steel cup from his backpack. He opened the lid and handed it to a certain cute Human-Warpet.

After drinking water, a certain warpet sniffed, frowned, and leaned his head against Chen Chengduo’s chest falling asleep.

Chen Chengduo looked down at his dark round head. His hand was just about to rub the hair that looked soft when the white light surrounding him suddenly faded away. Chen Chengduo’s arms turned light and that person suddenly disappeared. He grabbed the little warpet that had slipped down and took it into his hands.

The Little Warpet Regiment became a hamster ball and again went to sleep in his palm.

Chen Chengduo held the hamster ball for half a day, slowly pulled up a smile at the corner of his mouth and put his hand over his family’s pet.

Chen Chengduo eventually sat outside with his Warpet under his cover. When he came in, he saw the worried eyes of the three men. While the other three pets on the ground looked at his hands with burning eyes.

Smoke puffed out from Chen Chengduo’s mouth. These three bastards still remembered his warpet, which has not recovered yet.

Li Hui pulled back at Mao Ya’s neck. “Boss.”

Suo Bin also grabbed his black hawk and pressed its head into his backpack. “Boss, the little grey hamster, it…”

“He’s alright, to hell with your half-dangling level. Go back to Professor Wei to improve it!”

“Yes, Boss!”

Chen Chengduo looked at the child on the platform and said, “How about Peng Peng?”

“He fainted. I injected him with some medicine, but we need to send him back as soon as possible. His body is still very exhausted and needs a good rest.” Suo Bin said.

“Take a night off and we’ll set out tomorrow.”

“Yes, Boss.”

The next morning, before Shu Xiaohui woke up, Chen Chengduo looked at his small cheek with a bulging sac, poked it with his finger, and dug out some grains from the stuff that crashed out.

Then he put Shu Xiaohui in a pit in his backpack and freed his hand.

Chen Chengduo took out a lunch box and controlled it into two flat pieces of metal. He began to grind the small grains of cereals. After grinding them carefully, he kneaded the two pieces of metal into a bowl again and put a little water in it. He mixed the cereals and kneaded them into dough.

Finally, the dough was stretched into a thin noodles piled on the lid of the lunch box. He added fire under the metal bowl, boiled water, and then boiled in the long and thin noodles.

Shu Xiaohui was hooked up by the fragrance. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw Chen Chengduo stirring noodles in a metal bowl with metal chopsticks, shaking them and putting them in a smaller metal bowl. By the time he woke up, Chen Chengduo put a small bowl in front of him.

A certain small grey hamster had just opened his eyes and there was something to eat, he can’t help but blink with his small eyes. He got up and sat on his backpack. With his small claws, he grabbed Chen Chengduo’s small bowl and stretched his neck to eat.

Chen Chengduo watched such a long and thin noodles continuously being eaten by Shu Xiaohui… little by little….

When Shu Xiaohui satisfactorily swallowed up, Chen Chengduo held the water cup for him to drink.

A hamster struggled to wash away the noodle dregs in his cheek pouch. Although the noodles were delicious, they seemed to be a little hard to finish them off.

Footnotes:

[1] – 掉马而不自知的鼠 掉马; slang for saying the identity has been revealed