Chapter One: A Stone World

Start from the beginning

He turned towards you and pointed at the flask filled with liquid that you were closest to. You handed it to him, and he began to show his evil smile. "Allow me to give you a method so rationale that it'll kill you. It will send your pheromone production to overdrive. It is basically a love potion! Your success is ten billion percent assured if you drink this!"

He handed it to Taiju. The boy took one good look at the chemical flask in his hands and then dumped it in a nearby sink.

"Thanks, but no thanks, Senku! I can't go cheat my way into her heart!" he proclaimed, then quickly barged out of the classroom to meet with his love and your friend, Ogawa Yuzuriha.

"Was it really a love potion, Senku?" A curious student asked, his face blushing a little.

You walked towards the sink and grabbed the empty glassware. You looked inside it, then slightly wafted the smell up to your nose using your hand.

"This is gasoline," you shared with the students. They were shocked to hear that from you.

"Correct. Ten billion points to you, (Y/N). We produced it from plastic bottle caps," Senku explained. He grinned as he continued, "Think about the structure of polyethylene, you fools! It's merely long gasoline molecules cut up by a few hydrocarbons, simple enough to understand!"

None of the other students understood. You nervously chuckled, "If Taiju had drunk it, he would've died, huh?"

Senku gave you a confident smile. "I was ten billion percent sure he wouldn't drink if. You should know that too, slowpoke. He's an honest fool."

You lightly laughed, "I know, I know~."

You and Senku cleaned up the classroom and desks and walked out into the hall together. Your classmates looked out the window to see Taiju and Yuzuriha already by the giant camphor tree next to the school. Senku walked towards the nearest vending machine to get himself an energy drink while you waited by the window to watch the confession unfold.

"I bet you a hundred yen that he's getting rejected."

"Five hundred says she'll reject him."

"Put me down for a hundred."

You rolled your eyes and sighed as the other students made bets about the brunette's confession.

"Senku and I bet ten thousand she'll accept him," you blurted out.

Senku added, "Contrary to expectations."

The students were surprised, then continued watching closely through another window further down the hall, hoping that they weren't wrong about it. Senku approached you as you had leaned yourself over the open window.

"I cannot wait to see them finally going out! It's been so long since Taiju told us," you told Senku, staring at the two teenagers. "Love can be so amusing."

"And irrational," he replied to you as he took a sip from his drink.

You turned your head towards him and exclaimed, "But I thought your love was science!"

"Of course, it is! My love for it is strong. That is the only love I have that is not illogical."

Senku snickered as you gave him your cheeky grin but then looked out the window. His eyes grew wide with confusion, and he proceeded to step forward and pushed you behind him, most likely to get a better look. Wondering what was going on, you turned towards the direction he was looking at and saw a bright, green light coming over the horizon.

"Senku--"

You step forward and reach your hand out towards his lab coat. Then everything suddenly goes dark.