Chapter 1 The Box

*Clang

*Clang

*Clang

I opened my eyes and all I saw was a straight line across the ceiling. I looked around and at first everything was just shapes and shadows. I rubbed my eyes and opened them again this time wider and sat up. I dropped my head and rubbed my neck. "What the bloody-" i groaned, but was quickly interrupted by a giant

"SLAM"

I shifted to my knees and scurried to the corner in fear. I was in some sort of box? I large metal box. I wiped the sweat from my hands on my shirt and stood up and gripped my fingers on the cold steel bars behind me and looked up. I was shooting upward in some sort of tunnel. I looked farther upward and could see light on the end of the passage. The box shook vigorously and I toppled me to my knees. The box continued shooting upward but increased in speed.

"Hello! Anyone? Can anyone hear me?!" I screamed.

The box continues to shake and speed up practically sucking the breath out of my lungs.

"Hey! Hello?! Is anyone there? What is this? Someone let me out! Help!"

The box continued to speed up faster and faster until the box slowed tremendously and I had no chose but to flop to the other side. I hit all of these boxes with the weight of my body and something spilled out onto me. These circular objects covered my body and I squirmed trying to get them off. It was pitch black and I had no idea what they were and I had a feeling I didn't want to.

*scrap

*cling

*clang

*bang

All the sounds of the steel box scraping against the metal walls ended. And the box was standing still. I sat there in the corner of the steel box and look up confused as the once straight line began to expand and a blinding light came through. I shield my eyes with my hands and scurried into my corner I was already sitting in scared to death on what could be awaiting me.

I'll i could hear were a few whispers and laughs from above.

"What is that?"
"Look at him?"
"Hahaha he looks so scared!"
"Welcome home greenie."

I opened my eyes slightly to see a few faces staring down at me. Boys. Boys, a few of them. They looked about ages 15-25 and rugged and dirty. But in well shape they varied from tall to small and all different features. There were about 7 boys up there when suddenly one walked up and stood in front of everyone else.

The one walked forward, he was big and his dark skin stood out out of his light clothing. He looked down Into the box with almost annoyment.

"That jacked up greenie shucking bruised all my fruit" he blurted out.

I looked down to see the once circle objects that I was once so afraid of and picked one up. It was an orange. I felt ashamed that I got so afraid of something so harmless.

"Relax frypan you will get new shucking oranges next week." Said an appearing figure from the back.

A tall guy, sounding a couple years older than the others walked to the front towards the steel box that I still lay in buried beneath them. He was tall and broad and dark, his features where strong and his eyes were glaring down at me. I stared back at him almost in shock of all the events occurring. His gaze was strong but warm.

He jumped down into the steel box and held out a hand.

"I'm alby."

I looked at him still in a daze. I dropped and shook my head after realizing I was still staring at him. I lifted my head and looked at his outstretched hand. I was cleaner then the other ones. I moved my eyes up and noticed his muscles. He had a threatening appearance but somthing told me I could trust him. I lifted my arm and took the boys hand. He pulled me to my feet. And put his hand on my back. His gentle gesture caused me to stumble forward slightly but still remain standing.

"Welcome to the glade." He said firmly.

"The what?" I said confused

"Here." He said as he released his hand from my back and jumped out of the box.

"Let me show you."

I hesitated but soon followed and jumped out the the box quietly.

I got to my feet and walked behind alby. The few boys make a path in their group for me to walk though. Their expressions all varied but I could feel like I was being judged by everyone of them as I walked behind alby.

I followed alby to a large open area. It was full of grass and trees. I looked up to a full blue ski. I then turned my head to see small birds flying above singing a song as they go. I chucked a little as a smaller bird trotted behind the others. I slowly brought my head down to see something extra ordinary. I stared at its grey complexion with tall, thick vines gripped to each wall like a fingernail on a finger. Massive walls seeming to connect into a square shape all around us. Four corners. But no doors. Just steel walls?

"Hey.. Hey where am I what Is this place?" I asked firmly not making eye contact.

Still in shook of the massive walls of metal before me.

"Well. We call it the glade." He said

"The glade?" I asked "What the bloody hell do u mean the glade. Hey I don't know who you are or what this is but I'm not staying here I- !"

I was cut off by the sounds of roars from behind the steel walls. I turned my body to face one of the massive walls. I felt to in raged. I was so confused and done with all this. I didn't know where I was, I didn't know who I am. I felt the blood go though my body and I put a foot forward. Then another and another until soon I realized I was running to the walls before me. We sound getting louder and louder as I sprinted in the field. I slowed as I reacted yeah walls and a just of wind came through. I still standing but soon collapse onto the dirty dust floor. I lay on the ground but still remain with my eyes locked on the metal walls and they begin to open, open? Forming large splits almost door ways in the walls, I look in farther and am astonished from what I see inside the walls lay others still scattered with vines and as high as the surrounding ones.

"No, no.. It.. Looks like, it looks like..?"

I couldn't spare myself to speak, I started seeing black dots cover my Vision. I suddenly felt two hands grab my shoulders and lift them me up strongly and with that I was out.