"What kind of person offers themselves to a man with a gun?!" Jesse hissed, glaring at Arizona. "She needs professional help. She's fucked up," he said.

"She did what she had to do to save her family, and nobody died. It was the wrong way to do it but she's alive and so is Derek. Isn't that good enough?" Arizona said back, equally as cold.

"You know, I dated a girl in college and she would cry suicide all of the time. I said I'd never date someone like that again," he said.

"She isn't suicidal!" Arizona snapped. "She offered herself to the shooter because Derek was lying in an OR half dead and she probably thought he'd leave them all alone. She didn't know what he'd do. She isn't suicidal," Arizona said.

"Oh, and the scars on her wrists are from what?" Jesse scoffed.

"Why does that matter? That was when she was fifteen. She's grown, she's changed, she's not suicidal anymore. And even if she was, why the fuck would you leave her right now? She's gonna need you when she wakes up. She's gonna need a support system around her and she does not need her boyfriend crapping out on her," Arizona hissed.

Jesse stared at her for a few seconds before he nodded once.

"I see how it is," he said.

"See how what is, Jesse?" Arizona said.

"You're in love with her," he said.

"Because I'm looking out for her when her boyfriend is about to be a dick after she almost died again?" Arizona rolled her eyes.

"There's that word," Jesse laughed coldly. "Again. She has no regard for her life or what her actions will do to the people around her. She offered herself to the shooter and she probably didn't think of how this would affect me at all," he said.

"You're not the victim here, so stop making this all about you. She does have a regard for her life and what her actions will do. She stayed with an abusive ex for eight months because she didn't want him to hurt Meredith and because she didn't want to upset her. She tries every day to put a smile on and she has worked through every shitty thing life has thrown at her. If you can't handle the few times she struggles, maybe you don't deserve to date her," Arizona said.

"So you can date her?" Jesse said.

"I have a girlfriend," Arizona said.

"The girlfriend that you left outside of the hospital so you could find Erin? The girlfriend that you broke up with because she wants kids and you don't? She tells me things, Arizona, and I know that you are not good enough for Erin," Jesse said.

"I'm better for her than you are. Look at you. You're sat at her bedside after she almost died picking a fight with her best friend because something in your small, stupid brain can't comprehend that you are not the only factor in Erin's life. So what if she didn't think about what this would do to you?! You've been around for less than a year. Derek, Meredith, Cristina, me, all of us at the hospital have pulled Erin from the pits of hell and you don't get to cry victim now she's in a bad place again," Arizona said.

Jesse studied Arizona for a minute before standing up, his chair scraping across the floor.

"Funny," he said.

"What is?" Arizona scoffed.

"How you're saying all of this to me, but you won't man up and tell her how you feel because you know she isn't gonna leave me," he said. Arizona rolled her eyes.

"I can guarantee that she wouldn't leave you to date me," she said. A smirk started spreading across his face. "She would leave you because you're an absolute dick and she can probably hear everything that we've just said. So, you wanna cry victim, you cry victim, but don't you dare hurt my best friend or I swear to god, I will tell Meredith and everybody else everything you've just said and you can see exactly why she offered herself to the shooter; because we are her family and we matter more to her than you ever will," Arizona said.