Chapter Two (Hebra - Tabantha V.1)

Revali's Theme

I'd consider myself to be a nice person. So nice, in fact, that I'm willing to make amends even when I did nothing wrong.

That's why I was waiting for Revali to arrive while Zelda inspected Divine Beast Vah Medoh. Soon a huge gust of wind whipped around me, and he landed gracefully on the railing.

He puffed up with pride. "Impressive, I know."

I applauded him. "It was! Does it have a name?"

He paused before saying, "Revali's Gale." And, being Revali, he added, "It's no doubt more than you'll ever accomplish."

"Wh- okay." I stepped forward. "What did I do? And can I make it up to you somehow? Because if we're going to stop Ganon, then we're going to have to at least get along."

Revali laughed. "No, we don't. I'll be on my way right when I defeat that swine."

"When you defeat it?"

"That's what I said."

"We're all doing it toge-"

He jumped down and stomped over. "No. I was never meant to be the sidekick. Unlike you and the other Champions, I had to actually work for this. I wasn't handed everything on a silver platter the moment I opened my eyes." He scoffed. "But you wouldn't understand that, would you?"

I was speechless. We just stared at each other for a second before he finished, "That's what I thought."

I slapped him across the face.

Revali stumbled back, dumbfounded. "What the hell was that?!"

"My hand on your face."

"Fucking bring it on."

I would've pounced at him, but something in his face stopped me. It was a mix between hurt and remorse, but he was trying to cover it up with a challenging snarl.

He was extremely confused when I backed off. "What-"

"I'm not going to fight you," I said. "That's not what I'm here to do."

Revali narrowed his eyes. "Then what are you here to do?"

I looked away. "I came here as the Princess' escort, but along the way I decided I'd have my own mission while she was inspecting Medoh."

"...and that is...?"

"I'm not sure, since you're making it pretty hard for me. But originally it was to apologize for doing nothing wrong."

"Well, you're just a bleeding heart, aren't you?"

I chuckled dryly. "I guess I am."

"...and you actually care?"

"Of course I do."

"You'd be the first that acts like it."

I was taken aback by this. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, I'm sure other people think they care." He folded his wings behind his back and turned to the horizon. "But where were they when I was trying and failing to perfect Revali's Gale? Where were they when I came crashing down to the ground every time I tried?" He laughed bitterly. "Nowhere to be seen. They weren't even within a mile."

"Revali..."

"No. NO." He whirled around on me. "I don't want your pity. If you care, act like it. I don't want any more pity. I want to get what I deserve - I want to be a hero."

"Then be the hero! I never asked for any of this!" I threw the Master Sword to the ground. "You think I would take the chance of death if I had a choice? No!"

"(Y/n), the Master Sword isn't mine to wield. It won't work for m-"

"Well then I guess it's just going to stay there forever." I resisted the urge to kick it over the edge and started to storm away.

Revali caught me by the arm before I could. "No. Listen, I shouldn't have - I shouldn't have said that."

"No, you should've. I'd be a bitch if I was carrying all of that on my shoulders, too."

He laughed a little at that. "Even if the Sword did work for me, I'm not the best with swords. I'm more of a bow person."

"Oh, I can tell."

We laughed.

Then I was blushing around him for the first time.

I blamed it on the cold before saying, "Why did it have to choose me?"

"The blush?"

"No, the Sword."

"I guess you're special or something."

"Shut up."

Then he was smiling a real smile around me for the first time.

I remember how confusing it all was to me back then. I remember thinking, Why am I feeling this way? And what IS this that I'm feeling? But again, I didn't think that just yet.

Revali leant down and picked up the Sword. Handing it to me, he started to say, "Here, I'll-"

The Sword transformed into a bow.

He yelped and dropped it. The Master Bow bounced off of my toe, and transformed back into a sword.

We looked at each other.

Looked at the Sword.

I finally mumbled, "What the fuck just happened?"

"Remind me, why are we here?"

"We need to talk to the Deku Tree," I told Zelda.

"Something... strange happened with the Master Sword," Revali elaborated. "We need answers."

We finally crashed through the bushes and entered Korok Forest. Revali and I ran up to the Deku Tree, but before we could say anything, Deku stopped us.

"I see that the two chosen by Fi are finally together."