Chapter 4: Look At Me...You Did Your Best

Start from the beginning

As you looked for an excuse to leave, Coach Ukai told you to come get something from him. "Um...Coach is calling me...so...imma go...", you say under your breath as you walk away.

"Well, I knew this day would come. You are growing up and becoming a man. I'm so proud of you, son", Nishinoya said while patting Asahi on the arm.
"Son? But Noya, I'm older than you, so wouldn't you be my son?", Asahi said, clueless of Nishinoya's joke.

Nishinoya became fueled with anger because he took it that Asahi said that because he was short. He punched Asahi in the stomach and stormed off, leaving Asahi standing there confused. From across the gym, you watched the interaction between the giant and the dwarf unfold.

Damn, that looked like it hurt.

"OK, here it is", Coach Ukai said while pulling out a black jacket and matching sweatpants from the box. You turn the sweater around and found the words "Karasuno High School Volleyball Club" on the back. Your eyes gleam over the fact that you get a tracksuit, indicating that you are part of the team. You put the jacket on and it's a perfect fit. You smile at everyone while showing off your new attire, and your smile lit up the gym. The smile on your face was contagious and everyone couldn't help but smile at you.

When you smiled at Asahi, everyone in the gym disappeared and he only saw you. He looked at you and thought you were the most beautiful thing he had ever laid his eyes on. Coach Ukai clapped his hands together, snapping Asahi out of his trance.

"OK everyone, bring it in!" Everyone gathered around the coach, prepared to listen to his pep talk.

"It's May, meaning we have one more month till Inter-High. You guys have been working hard, keep up the good work! Also, the training camp in Tokyo is in July so be prepared for that. I will give you more details about it as the days go by. Tomorrow is our practice match with Nekoma, you guys have been working hard and it's time to show it on the court. It's time to show them that we aren't wingless crows, we are fearless ones!"

"YEAAHHH!!!", everyone shouted, feeling pumped about the game there were going to play tomorrow

- - -

Wow! The city looks pretty from up here. I loved flying up here at night and seeing this great view. I wonder if I fly through that cloud will I get wet...well there's only one way to find out. OK, brace yourself for impact...wait what's that beeping noise. Ow, that's really loud...OMG, THAT PLANE IS GONNA CRASH INTO ME!!

As the plane was about to crash into you, you woke up only to find out it was all a dream. You turn over to your nightstand to see your alarm on your phone going off. Today was the Nekoma practice match but since you lived close to school, you weren't in a rush. You hop out of bed and do your daily morning stretch. You walked to the bathroom and looked at your face that had drool all over it. You washed your face, brushed your teeth, and headed to the kitchen to get something to eat. You stumbled over to the fridge while your eyes were barely open, grabbed the milk, went over to the cabinet and grabbed a box of cereal, and sat down at the table. You rubbed your eyes and started pouring the cereal into the bowl while yawning loudly.

"Morning, Mom"
"Morning sweetheart", your mom said while making eggs on the stove
"Morning, Asahi"
"Morning, Y/N", Asahi said.

You finish pouring milk into your cereal and begin eating your breakfast. As you're about to take your second spoonful of cereal, you do a double-take and see that Asahi is sitting next to you at the table. You backed your chair away from the table, stood up from your seat, and stared at the intruder in your house.

"ASAHI? WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE? OH MY GOD DID I WAKE UP LATE?!?", you frantically ask while sitting back down and shoveling your cereal into your mouth.