𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝟿.𝟹

Start from the beginning

"Oh, what would you know about girls, Reg?" Ashton scoffed.

"Guys! This isn't the time to tear each other to shreds!" Luke shouted, startling all three of the others. "We just... where else should we go? Do we have anywhere else?"

"I guess not." Ashton sighed before grabbing Luke's hand. "Come on then. Let's go die in a garage."

They poofed away, and landed in the garage, and they lay on the floor, before another jolt hit. All four of them groaned and rolled on the ground.

"Shh!" Alex warned them all as footsteps approached the garage.

Ashton crawled towards Luke and held him against her chest tightly, assuring him that she was still there. He held onto her hand, never wanting to leave her. The garage doors opened, and Julie stood there, her eyes red from crying.

"I know I already said this but, uh..." She took a shaky breath in, "thank you, guys."

"You're welcome." Reggie murmured, giving their hiding spot away.

"Dude!" Luke hit him in the shin as Julie looked around before turning the light on to see all her band mates on the floor. The guys coughed, whilst Ashton groaned, trying not to show her pain as more jolts hit violently.

Julie moved closer to them, "Why... Why are you here? I... I thought-"

Another jolt hit, and it broke Ashton's heart as she heard the boys hurting that much, and she couldn't even do anything about it.

She began to groan at the feeling of her own jolts coming through, feeling herself shake with the electricity. Luke held her hand tighter, as if he was trying to keep her with him.

"No... no!" Julie shook her head. "I thought you crossed over. Why didn't you cross over?"

"My question exactly." Ashton pointed at her weakly.

"I guess playing the Orpheum wasn't our unfinished business." Alex groaned, as he lifted himself up.

"Point Caleb." Reggie sighed as he leant against the chair arm. Luke sat up slowly, bringing Ashton with him.

Now he was in the light, she could see how bad he was affected by the jolts. His eyes were bloodshot, his face was bright red, and he could barely smile anymore. Ashton hated it. She used his hand to help herself to sit beside him, and pulled him into her shoulder, trying to take his pain away as best she could.

"We wanted you to think that we crossed over, so we pretended to." Luke looked down. "We just... We had nowhere else to go."

Ashton nodded weakly, "This is where we felt safest, so we just thought..."

"We thought you'd go straight to bed." Reggie sighed.

"Yeah, well, I knew she was gonna come out here, but nobody ever listens to me." Alex groaned.

Another jolt hit them, this time collectively, Ash felt Luke's as well as her own, doubling the pain. She toppled over, into his side, colliding with him as she groaned in pain.

"You have to save yourselves right now. Go join Caleb's club. Please." Julie looked around frantically. "It's better than not existing at all." They all remained where they were, another jolt hitting them as they groaned again. "Please just go. Go! Poof out! Do something! Please. Do it for me. Please." Her begs became whispers as she pleaded them to disappear.

"We're not going back there." Reggie shook his head.

"Never. It was torture not singing with you." Ashton agreed.