Chapter 7 - The Last Day

Start from the beginning

We ignored all the stares, walked up to the bar behind the only two people who hadn't noticed we were there. Damon Salvatore and Alaric Saltzman.

"Gentleman." Nik announced our presence to them. "Why so glum?"

They looked at each other and then sighed, knowing they wouldn't get out of this, then turned around. Damon groaned, "Arianna. And Klaus, I presume."

"In the flesh Day." I teased him knowing he hated that name. It worked, he glared at me trying to be extremely scary but ended up looking like a puppy that wanted to look scary. I chuckled.

"Thanks for the loaner, mate." Nik sarcastically thanked Alaric.

This is when Damon had had enough, apparently. He stood up, and once again tried to look threatening, "Any reason you stopped by to say hi?"

"My lovely wife here told me that you and your brother both fancy my doppelgänger." Nik smiled at me.

"Just thought we'd remind you not to try anything you'll be sure to regret." I finished for Nik. When Damon laughed, I knew something had already happened. "You see, Nik and I have a bet. I bet it would be you to make a foolish mistake first. Nik thinks it'll be Stefan."

"Thanks for the advice." Damon continued after getting over laughing. "I don't suppose I could talk you into a postponement by any chance, huh?"

"You are kidding." Nik chuckled, slowly raising his head in a threatening way. "He's kidding, right?" He then asked Alaric and I.

"No. Not really." Alaric answered at the same time as I said,

"Oh but Damon's already made a foolish mistake, haven't you Damon?" I asked him. When he looked down at the floor, I got my answer.

"I mean, what's one month in the grand scheme of things?" Damon asked, completely ignoring my question, only giving me more answers by doing that.

"Let me be clear. I have my vampire." Nik stated, smirking at me. "I have my werewolf. I have everything I need. The ritual will happen tonight. So if you want to live to see tomorrow then don't screw it up." Nik demanded then walked over to another table, pulling me along with him.

"Well that was very demanding, don't you think, Nik?" I teased him.

"You love it though." He smiled at me flirtatiously.

"Damn right I do." I muttered under my breathe before downing a glass of bourbon I took of Damon.

Nik smiled and put his hand on my thigh, sensing I was upset about something, "I love you too, moya lyubov. I always will."

"I know Nik. I love you too." I kissed him softly then looked over to the door where Bonnie, Elena, Jeremy and Jenna had just entered. "Hey, mi amor, I've just had an amazing idea. Stay here." I kissed his cheek then walked away before he could ask what I was doing.

I walked over to the stage where a piano sat in the center of it. I sat down, took a shaky breath in and started playing a song I wrote a few years ago.

I'm all chocked up
I can't talk
I've got a fucked up brain
Fucked up thoughts
Thought I was okay
But then I guess not

Hope you know that this is your fault
Want you to feel bad
When you go to sleep
Hope you're sad when you remember me
Hope you're feeling bad for all you did to me
And hope you lie there in your misery

Hey little girl
You never believed
There's a ghost inside of you
But it's hidden too deep

Hey little girl
You never imagined
You'd get a little older
You get abandoned