Chapter 3 - Katerina

Start from the beginning

After I left, I went to see Kit-Kat in the tomb, making sure to bring her enough blood bags for a month.

"Hey Kit-Kat." I called out to her. When I saw movement, I smiled but it soon dropped when I saw the state of her.

I rushed to her side and gave her a blood bag.

"Thank you Little Luna. You truly are very caring, why?" She asked me.

"Because, Kit-Kat. You are like a big sister to me. Elena has never loved me, not even a little bit. But you, I can see that you care for me as a sister. And I know you're not just using me to gain your freedom. That's why I care for you. I do not see you as the enemy.  I love you Katherine. And I will persuade Nik to grant you your freedom. Between you and me, Nik wouldn't do anything that would upset me" Kat giggled.

"I'm glad you have someone like that, little sister."

"Me too, big sister. Anyway, a little birdie told me that you used to like Elijah back in the day. Is that still the case?" I smirked, teasing her.

"I- I don't know what you're on about." Kitty-Kat stuttered and blushed! BLUSHED! STUTTERED!

"Oh you know what I'm on about alright. Katerina Petrova is stuttering and blushing. I never thought I'd live to see the day." I laughed while she playfully glared at me. She was about to say something when we heard Elena and Caroline coming to the tomb. We looked at each other and rolled our eyes in sync.

"Tell everyone I wasn't feeling well. I went home from school." Elena ordered Care-bear.

"I can't believe I'm agreeing to this. I'm a horrible liar." Care answered.

"Keep Stefan busy. He can't know what I'm up to. You got it?"

"Oh my god. You know I'm even worse at duplicity."

"You managed to keep me busy when Katherine pretended to be me."

"Yeah well she threatened me."

"Okay, well then, do this or I swear to God I will tell your mum that you're a vampire." When Elena threatened Caroline, I could feel anger bubbling over and my hybrid eyes showing. Seeing this, Kat pulled me into a hug to calm me down.

"I know she's like a daughter to you, but calm down. Klaus needs Elena alive, and preferably alone." That calmed me down. A little bit.

"I wasn't saying that so you would use it as a tactic. Oh come on Elena, you know that Stefan's gonna see right through me." Of course Care thinks Elena's only joking. Little does she know, Elena was as serious as ever.

"Caroline. Do do you promise or not, as my friend?"

"You had to break put the friend code, didn't you? Okay, fine. I'll try my hardest. Why don't you want Stefan to know?"

"Because he would never let me do this."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Care made sure.

"She's the only one who knows about Klaus. She can tell me how to stop him." If only she knew.

"But you're asking someone for the truth from someone who's never given it before. Are you sure you're sure about this?"

"Caroline. I can't just sit and wait for someone to come to town and kill me. Do you seriously want me to do that?"

"Of course not. Fine. I'll do it." With that, she moved the boulder, that I put back in the entryway, out of the way again.

"Katherine?" Elena called out. She turned to Care-bear, "I'll be okay from here."