𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗 | 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐔𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

Start from the beginning

I grumbled, "Yeah.

"Ginny, why do you still think everyone hates you?"

"Doesn't everyone?"

"That's a good point. And I can't even imagine not going. This is my big chance to flirt with Riley." Max sighed, dreamily.

"Do we have confirmation that she's gay?"

"I don't know, but there's a vibe at rehearsal."

"Vibe? What kinda vibe?"

"Like she's waiting for me to make a move, it's hard to explain. She's such a fine line between thespian and lesbian."

Brodie, Press and Hunter approached us, tied in a conversation of their own. "Are we getting booze for tomorrow?"

"Press, you wanna try that gas station that let you buy a 30 rack?" Hunter wrapped an arm around Ginny carelessly. Max and I shared a look, mentally screaming. Ginny's eyes widened as she struggled to keep her composure.

"I don't wanna do that to often incase he starts carding me. What about Y/N? There's a cashier around our age who would do anything for a pretty girl." Press replied, eyes trained on his phone.

I'm guessing Marcus overheard Press since his eyes were stuck on me. I eventually met his gaze, holding it as I replied.

"I'm not gonna flirt with a random boy just so you can get drunk. Ask Max." The corners of his lips twitched at my reply, relief flooding his expression.

"Ma—"

"No."

"Well, we need to get some stuff somehow."

"Can't Jordan just get some stuff from his mom's airline kits?"

Hunter grimaced, "I don't wanna drink nips."

"I like them. Makes me feel like a giant." Brodie sung. Hunter and Ginny begun their subtle flirting making Max ramble on about them being boyfriend and girlfriend. Everyone went silent and she panicked, running off to class.

Brodie gave them a knowing smirk whilst Press and I looked around, "Awkward." "Very."

Max was already sitting at her desk when Ginny and I walked into English. A girl rushed to Max's desk, slightly waving, "Hey Max! What time do we have rehearsal tomorrow?"

"Oh, uh, I think 3:00." She nodded.

"Oh my gosh. I love your ring. Your hands are super soft."

"Thanks.. it's my skin."

Riley giggled, "I'm amped for the dance number today. Fosse is so sexy."

With that, she walked off to her seat leaving Max dazed and us perplexed. "See? Total vibe."

———————————————

I was walking alone from school. Again. Ginny was at her job, Max had rehearsal and Abby and Norah were AWOL the whole day. This seemed like a recurring theme. I would always, somehow, end up alone. Being solo wouldn't bother me if the walk home wasn't so boring.

The worst part of all it wasn't my loneliness... it was me forgetting my headphones. I left them on my dresser when I was searching for my sneakers. So not only did I have to walk on my own, I was alone with nothing to listen to except the background noise.

Passing through Wellsbury I took in the scenery. This town was different from the others, this one had a hierarchy, people knew who to cross and who not to. Everyone knew everything about each other, one rumour could literally ruin your life. The people here were vicious, all playing a dangerous game. Yet the town looked innocent, a calming aura blanketing the poison seeping from the roots.