Do it Properly

Neville looked at the sleeping shape of the woman beside him. Perfect. She was perfect. Her hair was now longer than it had been in school. Straight silky black strands of hair so enticing that Neville could not stop himself from stroking it.

They had been living together for 3 months in the little apartment by the Ministry. And he knew it was too small for the two of them, Neville knew it. Most of her belongings were still in Parkinson Manor. She kept saying she did not mind, but Neville knew better.

She felt at home there. Comfortable. Loved. Safe. Peaceful. But it was still more his than hers. He wanted to change that.

"You're staring and thinking very loudly." Pansy groaned as she rolled, hiding her face on his chest.

"I'm sorry... I was daydreaming," Neville whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"About me?"

Neville chuckled "Always. You know that, sweetheart."

She made a contented sound against his neck and snuggled closer. Nev played with her hair, just enjoying her warmth against him. "I'm going to make tea and coffee for us. How does that sound?"

"I think we should ignore breakfast and you could join me on the shower" The Slytherin winked and detached herself from the bed.

"There's a reason we only did that a couple of times, Pans." He chuckled, watching her move to the bathroom. "It's tiny!"

"It's tiny!" They said at the same time.

Another thing this little apartment was missing, a bathtub. He did not mind, but Pansy loved soaking inside of one. Since she moved in, Neville had started seeing more and more flaws in his home.

It was a wonderful little thing for a man living alone, but it was not for a couple. Theo and Hermione were proof of that. They still owned the two apartments and had made a magic door between the two.

Pansy deserved more. Neville was not sure how to bring the subject up. How could he tell her he wanted to move when in January she had appeared there because it felt like home.

Neville was woken from his thoughts by the smell of coffee. Pansy came back to bed, her hair wrapped in a towel on top of her head, and was looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

"You were still looking at the wall when I came out... Is it something about work that has you worried?" She asked, stroking his chest with her thumb.

"No, no. Everything is okay." Neville said, bringing her hand to his lips, and kissing her open palm. Pansy nodded. Neville knew she was curious, that she wanted to know what was bothering him. But it was not like Neville could tell her. He did not want her to feel unwelcome. He kissed her cheek. "There's really no need to worry, my love. I promise. What are you doing today? Anything different?"

"I'm going to interview Cornelius Fudge at 4 pm."

"I thought Radford was doing the interview."

"Jack thought I was ready, and that Fudge would be less abrasive if it was a young woman who asked him the questions." She explained.

"Don't diminish your accomplishments, my love. You fought so hard. And I'm so proud! I'll make sure to synchronize the wireless to hear you."

"Hear me?" She asked with a smirk. "Not the important interview with one of the previous ministers for magic about the reforms the Ministry of Magic is undergoing two years after the war?"

"That as well, although I think Hermione will enjoy that part much more." He chuckled.

"So, you would listen to something you have absolutely no interest in just because I'm hosting it?" She asked climbing on top of him.

"You know your voice does incredible things to me..." He whispered right below her ear.

"Oh, the things I would do to you, Neville Longbottom, but I can't be late, not today. You're so lucky it's your day off." She confessed, getting up.

Neville watched her get dressed, with a smile on his face. She had chosen a long pink, green and black jumpsuit, that fit her so well and now she was applying her makeup, and Neville knew what he needed to do.

Getting up from the bed in a jump, only wearing his pants, he got down on one knee, by the improvised vanity table, summoning the box that had been on his bedside table since he moved to the building. "Marry me!"

Pansy dropped the pink lip-gloss she was applying, turning to look at him and the pear-shaped opal engagement ring on the little velvet box. She just smiled and kissed him. "It's a beautiful ring... I will give you one more opportunity to ask when you're not on your underwear." She explained. "See you later, my love."

"Pansy?" He called her name, surprised, shocked, overwhelmed, disappointed.

The Slytherin stopped at the door. "The answer will always be yes, but I think you will want to do it properly. I love you!"

Neville shook his head, letting himself fall on the floor. "I Love You, woman, you will be my death, but I will be happy."