A Life Without Rain

Hi this is my first work. Its just a little short story that came to me in one of my moments. Hope you enjoy and leave some feedback all critizism is welcome. Thanks for reading.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 I'm standing in my kitchen waiting for the popcorn to come out. My long life friend is sitting in my room waiting for me.

I've known Rain ever since I can remember; we have grown up together all our lives. I recognize she is the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

The popcorn comes out and I head back to my room, there she is lying on my bed playing with my phone.

"Rain, why haven't you put the movie on?"

"oh Ryan your bed is so comfy that I didn't wanted to get up"

"you always do this, I'm the one that always ends up doing the popcorn and putting the movie"

"oh I'm sorry babe, but you know I love you for that" she says giving me one of her smiles.

She always does this, but I never get mad at her, I just can't; she is my whole life, she is my best friend, my only girl, my everything.

We watch the movie, every once in a while Rain inserts a few comments. I just love the sound of her, so angelical; it goes perfectly with her angelical features. She has light brown hair that always falls in little ringlets, and her eyes, the most stunning big and beautiful honey colored eyes. She is beautiful inside and out. She is always there for me, she is the only one there for me.

My parents are rarely home, I don't have much friends because I've never gone to school, I do everything at home; but the few I have are just snobs sons and daughters of my parents friends or co-workers.

I never realized when I fell asleep, when I woke up the next morning she wasn't there, but I could hear my parents downstairs, maybe that's why, she rarely comes when they are here.

I head downstairs to see them. Once they notice I'm in the room, mom comes crying to hug me, dad only has a serious expression. This happens all the time; whenever they are home mom tries to spend the most time with me but she always ends up crying, while dad is always serious. I really love them but I don't like that because of them Rain doesn't comes around.

They don't seem to like her much, every time I time I talk about her in front of them mom gets even sadder, and dad yells at me to stop. I've learned with the years not to mention her, but sometimes it just slips. When I was younger and I first told them about her, they liked the idea of her being my friend but then things changed and things got like this.

We were at dinner and I accidently mention her, everything froze for a minute; mom breaks down crying, dad stands up and starts yelling at me.

 "Ryan you have to stop all this nonsense, it's enough, you are 18 already, you can't keep doing this to yourself, to us!"

"do what father, what is it to you, why does it makes you mad to see me happy, huh? Happy with with the girl I love? You have never given her a chance!"

"son you have to understand that this doesn't..."

"Max! please, I think , this has gone too far maybe it's time for him to see a doctor"

"Annie he has to understand but, yes you are right."

"mom, dad? What's going on what are you talking about?"

"baby we are going out tomorrow, I would like for you to be ready please, do this for me do this for mommy"

"ugh okay"