Chapter 11

"How about we just... don't think about it, shall we..?"
Sucrose trembled in fear.

Not because of how cold it was, but because her body was changing into a cat. Sucrose helped Albedo clean the mess in the kitchen and set up the table. Once they were all set, they were ready to eat. But Sucrose didn't take a bite of her food because she felt something very wrong with her.

"Is something wrong..?"
Albedo asked.

"N-no... I'm just.. afraid is all.."
Sucrose worried for herself as she looked down at her feet.

"Sucrose, look at me."

Sucrose looked at Albedo, trying to make things for the better.

"It's going to be okay. As long as you're with me, you're going to be fine. I promise."

Sucrose chuckled to herself when she heard that, although it sounded more like an upset chuckle. But she credited Albedo for cheering her up a bit.

"Promise?"

"I always keep my word."

Sucrose smiled at the young alchemist, and so did he smile back. Sucrose began eating because she cheered up a bit.

"Mm! Your cooking really is good!"

"Thanks. Be sure to eat all of it."

"Will do!"
Sucrose giggled.

Albedo felt his heart melt. He also wondered if it was a dream he was living in, to witness Sucrose's innocent smile, to hear her laugh and giggle at the simple things, to see her work very hard and improve a lot, to be with the girl he loves dearly, it all felt so surreal to him. And Sucrose felt that too. But he didn't mind, because he knew that his dream had already come true.

Both of them talked about a lot of stuff. Sucrose sounded like she was back to normal, Albedo noticed that but shrugged it off, probably it was because Barbara's healing has come to effect. After eating, they both help each other to wash the dishes and clean the dining table, and the living room. Once they were done, they turned off all the lights — locked the windows and doors, and headed to the bathroom and freshen up before going into a deep slumber. After that, Albedo was the first to plop onto Sucrose's bed, the mattress was so soft that he could sink in it. Unfortunately, Sucrose didn't have any guest rooms so they had to share. But the two didn't mind it at all.

"Your bed is so soft Sucrose."

"I can see why. You look like you're sinking into the bed."
She chuckled in between her sentences.

Albedo noticed something shining at his side. It was Sucrose's lamp grass. The lamp grass was shining bright pink, and it did not exchange dust anymore. He was about to question Sucrose but she wasn't in the room. So he waited and when she came back, she had the same book she read while she was waiting for dinner. She put it on top of her dresser and grabbed her brush, before she could even brush her hair, she got interrupted.

"Interesting... you made your experiment as a night light?"

"Ah, well yes. I just thought it would be a really cute decoration in my bedroom. I hope you don't mind.."

"No, of course, I don't mind. It looks cute too. No wonder why I felt something was missing in your office..."
Albedo muttered his last sentence, getting under the sheets but he was sitting up straight at the headboard.

Albedo was observing the lamp grass, glowing beautifully. Albedo closed his eyes.. but he heard humming. Sucrose was brushing her hair while humming. (Imagine Sucrose humming the soundtrack A Sweet Smile but sort of slow-paced) Her humming was like an angel singing in a choir, but very soft, gentle, and humble. Sucrose felt calm when she was humming peacefully, Albedo couldn't take his eyes off Sucrose, admiring her voice. Sucrose was done brushing her hair, she grabbed her book and went to bed, she snuggled under the blanket sheets and she felt very comfy.