10.| ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴋᴇᴇᴘꜱ ᴋɴᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴅᴏᴏʀ [2]

Start from the beginning

The Hybrid storms off in frustration, his eyes had still been glowing. He pushes past everyone and walks to the kitchen where he trashed the cabinets in search of something. That's when he found a bottle of bourbon hidden. Malik hesitates... he slowly reaches for it.

When the bottle was in his hands he undoes the top and brings the tip of the bottle to his lips. He inhales sharply before taking a sip. And then one simple sip turned into a cup, and then the cup turned into just drinking out the bottle raw.

He carries the bottle outside to the front of the school where he sat on the ground in front of the lake.

"Malik?"

Malik looks up, his eyes meet the headmaster's worried ones. "I thought you were sober?"

"I was..." Malik softly replies, taking another sip out of the bottle. When it gets quiet he decides to speak up again. "It was my fault. I got pissed... I was drunk and angry. And I thought my best friend was plotting to turn on me. Next thing I know, I saw her flirting with Connor. I got jealous and picked a fight with her. And then all that— that anger stuff started building up inside of me. That shit I can't control, Doctor Saltzman. And then I started yelling at her and shouting, and then I took that turn too fast. And then I drove us off wickery bridge... and she was right. It wasn't the storm. It was my paranoia and fear of abandonment that killed her. I killed her... I killed her, Ric—"

Alaric frowns before he takes ahold of the boy he saw as a son, pulling him into a tight hug. Malik hasn't drunk since the day Alexa died. So, the fact that he started again... it was going to be a problem. But that was something they'd talk about another day. Until then, Alaric just stood there with the kid in his arms.

"I don't know what to do, Ric," Malik says in between sobs. "I- I don't know..."

Alaric pulls away from the hug, his hands on both of Malik's shoulders. "You know what to do. Go find her... go face your past. Make peace with her before she leaves... again."

Malik nods. "H-have you seen her around?"

"Library."

"Thanks..." Malik hesitates for a moment before walking to the Library where he saw Alexa roaming around. "There you are..."

Alexa turns around, she takes a few steps down the stairs and walks over towards him. "Sorry... I was wondering. Snooping."

Malik awkwardly nods, he clears his throat. "Look, I remember. I remember everything. C-can we go somewhere private and talk?" he asks, reaching his hand out.

Alexa glances at his hand then up at him. The boy may have killed her, but somehow even after all that's happened. She managed to find a way to trust him.

She gives Malik her hand, which he was relieved about. They both then walk outside to a faraway bench by the lake where they began to talk.

"I'll never forgive myself for what I did to you." The hybrid admits.

The blonde sighs, she shakes her head at him. "I'm not trying to punish you. That's not why I called you out. I just wanted you to be honest with yourself about it."

Malik nods understandingly. "When I first got here to the school, uh— okay I was taken in by Caroline. After the Mikaelson's died... Caroline watched after me for a while. She found out what I was and she brought me here to this school. They told me that a lot of guys with my condition, they... have a lot of anger that eats at them. Most of my anger fed off the fact that I was drunk.. but I'm better now that I know what was causing it— and i've stopped drinking. Well... up until 20 minutes ago..."