1.02

"I'm so sorry 'Cause in the moment I, I don't know what it's like to be you."- Like to Be You

E L L A S   P O V

E L L A S   P O V

I groaned and rubbed my eyes groggily as the annoying sound of my alarm went off. I reached to the nightstand next to me and quickly turned it off. It was 6:30 and my first day of school. I've got this.

"Ella, I just want to make sure your awake." Karen knocked once before entering my room. When she saw me looking in the mirror, brushing my hair, she smiled.

"Your dress is very pretty." She told me, taking note of my outfit that I had told her about yesterday.

"Thank you!" I smiled, glad she approved of my outfit.

"Be ready to leave in 30 minutes." She told me and exited my room.

30 minutes later and I was sitting next to Karen in he Jeep Liberty. Eli had let me sit in the front, when I told him that it was fine and I would just go in the back he told me that he didn't want Demetri annoying me. When we pulled up to a smaller, but still nice, one story home Karen parked her car and we waited. I assumed this was Demetris house.

After about a minute of waiting a tall, skinny, pale boy opened the front door and began walking toward the car. He got into the back and sat next to Eli. Karen greeted him and Eli smiled at him before Demetri turned to me.

"Oh, uh, oh Hello." Demetri stuttered out, unsure of how to talk to a girl.

"Hi I'm Ella." I introduced myself with a smile.

"Demetri." And that was that.

I could hear the two boys in the back whispering, which caused me to frown. Hopefully they aren't talking about me. I zoned out, lost in my own thoughts until Karen spoke, breaking me out of my trance.

"Here we are ladies and gentlemen. Ella have a great first day. Eli, I expect you to be with her all day, showing her around. Demetri, try not to scare her." With that we all nodded and exited the vehicle.

"Can you guys show me where the office is? I need to get my schedule." They nodded and Eli gripped my hand lightly.

When we walked into the school it felt like everyone was looking at me. In reality, they weren't. A couple people were purely because they'd never seen me before.

"So where are you from?" Demetri asked making Eli glare at him.

"Uh I'm not sure." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.