𝙾𝚘𝚣𝚎 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚢 𝟽.𝟸

Start from the beginning

"Ashton Gray Brooks." He chuckled. "As much as I love you, you sure know how to take things too far. He wasn't doing anything wrong."

"Are you kidding me?" She scoffed, "The guy rejected you! Well, he didn't say it in words, but he did do it! He was being rude Alex! I was just telling him what he needed to hear!"

Luke walked up to her and leant against her back as he spoke softly , "I think we should continue practise." He said before things got blown out of proportion.

They began playing right where they left off. Half way through their rehearsal, they heard the drumming get out of hand and Ash turned around to see Alex hitting his drums repeatedly in a random order aggressively.

"Alex, you all right?" Luke asked him and slung his guitar over his shoulder.

Alex nodded, trying to convince himself he had everything under control, "Yeah. Yeah, why?"

Reggie sighed, "I know it's tough, man. People say you never forget your first ghost. Maybe it's right. But... I'm sure there will be others."

"Yeah. Thanks, Reg." Alex smiled.

"And, Alex, you're a great drummer and a great guy, OK?" Luke steped closer as he complimented the blonde. "There's gonna be so many more guys for you."

"Yeah, you've got someone somewhere." Ash assured him as she placed her guitar in its stand.

"Easy to say when you and Luke have been in love for years." Alex muttered to him, which Ash's face started to turn red at.

"I wouldn't let all that stuff get in between you and what you love." Luke advised.

"I don't know, man." Reggie shrugged. "Sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage. Like you and Julie." Ashton tensed up at the mention of the girl.

"Uh, wha... What is that supposed to mean?" Luke began to get flustered at the comment.

"Come on. Everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing. You guys ooze chemistry." Reggie said passionately.

"You should never say 'ooze' again, but, yeah, I agree." Alex added to the conversation. Meanwhile, Ash stood behind him and waited for the subject to change.

"OK, no. It's gotta just be his superpower, right?" Ashton tried to convince herself the guys didn't think Luke would be better off with Julie.

"I have chemistry with everybody that I sing with." Luke said, moving closer to Ashton. "Seriously, watch."

"Ah!" Reggie stopped him. "That's cheating."

"Cheating?! It's not a game, Reg." Ashton rolled her eyes.

"It is when you two have more musical chemistry than any of us." Alex added. "You've gotta try someone else."

"Jeez, chill, dude." Luke held his hands up in surrender and exhaled as he moved to his last option: Reggie.

"Uh..." Luke then began to sing the song they planned to perform at the gig that night. "I believe... I believe that we're just one dream." He placed his hand on the back of Reggie's neck and brought the bassist's face closer to his own. "Away from who we're meant to be. That we're standing on the edge of... Great." Ashton saw Reggie swallow hard and the heat rushed up to his cheeks as Luke proved his point.

"Wow." Alex sighed happily at the two of them. "I see chemistry."

"That was pretty hot." Reggie admitted, his voice cracking at Luke's actions. Luke kissed two fingers and pressed them to Reggie's and made his way to Ash and did the same, except his fingers lingered a little longer. She tensed under his touch and shivers sent themselves down her spine. Luke quickly turned around and put his guitar back over his shoulder.