𐐒𐐚 17 : surprisingly sweet ˎˊ˗

Start from the beginning

Just thinking about meeting up with Xiao later by the balcony and he will bring you around the Harbor instantaneously makes your heart thump faster and louder.

The feeling of spending such an important event with an important loved one, is immense.

"Alright, everything's okay now! You better not leave Xiao hanging! Happy Lantern Rite, [F/N]!" Xiangling bid her farewell as she dashed down the flight of stairs, disappearing within several seconds.

"Thank you Xiangling, Happy Lantern Rite and enjoy!" You responded and waved your hand.

You heaved a sigh, suddenly feeling nervous as the time ticked by second by second, Xiao would be there anytime now.

Shaking your head vigorously to somehow get rid of the thoughts, you tugged your [H/C] locks behind your ear and proceeded to tread carefully with each step to the balcony of the Inn.

And there you saw the adeptus, holding his Jade spear from the right hand, sun about to set in the background that never fails to put him in a serene mood.

His back facing you, you can perfectly see every detail of his clothing and the emerald tattoo on his right arm. Everything he wears must've had some symbolism to him, you thought.

The piercing wind that broke in caught you off guard, and so your hairstyle got slightly ruined and you groaned.

Xiangling's effort, rest in peace.

You felt bad for the chef's efforts to keep your hair tidied and stylish at the same time and thought about her many attempts of accomplishing the style she's going for.

"What are you looking down for, grieving all of a sudden?" The voice husky yet warm at the same time, and it was from none other than the adeptus you had looked forward to meeting tonight.

You glanced at the messy locks of your hair that got ruined by the gust of wind and sighs, "My hair got ruined and it was Xiangling who did it for me."

Xiao's eyes conveyed nothing but appreciation and concern as he looked at you with his usual, iconic piercing gaze.

"It's not bad as you think it is. Despite your disheveled, unkempt hair, you still look... Breathtaking." He replies hesitantly while combing your hair with his fingers carefully.

You avert your gaze away from him, feeling embarrassed.

"What's with you, suddenly saying a compliment like that?"

He only chuckles lightly and grabs ahold of your hand.

"Hush now or we won't get a glimpse of the Mingxiao Lantern in the sky." The adeptus, not bothering to answer your question only held you close to his body.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

A/Q: Who's your main 4?