𐐒𐐚 17 : surprisingly sweet ˎˊ˗

Start from the beginning

From your words alone he immediately got up, saying no words at all and fixed his shirt back on.

"I'm not finished yet!" you spat, unsatisfied since there are still lots of things to do you have in store for him.

"You win." He answered and you've never felt so conflicted in your entire life. You could swear on your life yhat ever since you encountered him, there have been lots of mysteries yet to be unfolded from his past and his personality as well.

Should you feel happy because he finally granted your request, or unsatiated because you haven't really done much yet?

Oh well, Lantern Rite yearly happens, there will be an appropriate time and place to do what I'm planning, you thought.

"You folded so quickly."

"Cut it out. I'll meet you here tomorrow, 5 in the afternoon." He responded, completely avoiding what you're trying to point out.

All you know for now is the adeptus is very sensitive when it comes to physical touch and that he wouldn't know how to act when there's someone physically near him.

Casting everything aside, this made you want to know more about Xiao. What made him this way and what he went through.

You very much convinced yourself to prepare for a crying session upon hearing his story, it is apparently clear-cut that his past isn't all that pleasant.

˖ ਏਓ ˖

With the help of Xiangling, you are pretty much confident with how you look as of now.

You decided to have a special outfit just for this particular night, it's nothing that different from what you usually wear, but alterations were made thus making it unique apart from the usual.

She had been of great assistance to picking the hairstyle that would compliment you the most, seeing your all out look made you feel positive for this night.

"I have high hopes for this Lantern Rite to become memorable for others." You said out of the blue whilst Xiangling fixed your clothes with a bright smile on her face.

"Let's hope so." She says and steps backward to see your outfit as a whole. Xiangling thoroughly examines each spot of the clothes to see if there are anything that need some adjustments but fortunately, everything about it seemed perfect already.

"How about you, Xiangling? Who will you spend the Lantern Rite with?"

"Oh, Xingqiu, Chongyun and I will meet up later, no worries. We're not certain if Hu Tao will come though." Her tone as usual, bright and gleeful that later faded as she mentioned Hu Tao's uncertainty for coming with the trio. "I'm sure she will. Maybe she just plans to pull a prank on you just when you three thought she wouldn't come?" You gave your two cents about the eccentric girl after hearing stories from the chef herself.

"You're right, how could I have not thought of that!" Xiangling whined playfully then later laughed it off.

Silence soon filled the room, as a smile crept up on your lips, you couldn't stop the excitement you're feeling that is brimming inside you within.