Carter hesitates but deep down knows he has many questions to ask her. He had been waiting for years to see her again to give her closure, and he finally has her in front of him.

"Kenny wait for me in your room ok? I'll call you once I'm done speaking to the principal."

"Ok dad." Kendra says noticing the strange eye to eye stare they have with each other but without any questions she leaves.

Once they arrive to Sydney's office, she steps behind her desk and Carter stands in the middle of the office.

"Whatever you have to say say it fast, my daughter is waiting for me."

"Your daughter is very beautiful. A brilliant young girl." Sydney says looking down her desk.

"Thank you, I know."

"It's impossible to get a hold you."

"As i said before, i am sure we have nothing to talk about."

"Im not too sure about that." She says and Carter stays silent. "I'm going to to ask this one time and one time only, and I want the truth. Is there a possibility Kendra is my daughter?" She adds with pleading eyes.

Carter looks at her and puts his head down. What should he do now? Lie to her? After all she did know about Kendra and never cared until now. But then again, if Sydney is asking it's because most likely she already knows.

"When's her birthday?" Sydney adds taking Carter by surprise.

"November 14."

"Her actual birth date Carter."

Carter sighs before answering. "September 4th."

"Oh my god." Sydney whispers to herself, tears going down her cheeks. It was her, Kendra is her daughter. She looks up at Carter again, who is standing still looking to the floor.

"You weren't going to tell me?" She asks and he looks up.

"Tell you what?"

"About Kendra, you were hiding her from me that's why you changed her birth date. You didn't want me to know about her, of course you weren't expecting her to look just like me."

"That's not true. I was not hiding her, i didn't even register her, I was a minor at the time; my parents did."

"Of course they did." Sydney says remembering how mean Carter's mother had been to her. "I can't believe you hid my daughter from me."

"Oh stop that Sydney you're acting like you didn't know about her existence."Carter snaps.

"I didn't!" Sydney snaps back.

"For gods sake, you gave birth to her."

"Yes and hours later I was told she was dead!" Sydney argues with a crack in her voice. Carter looks at her in disbelief, what is she saying?

"What are you talking about?" Carter asks confused.

Sydney takes a sit behind her desk before speaking. "When I arrived to the hospital, my aunt told me she had called your house to notify you I had gone in to labor. Hours passed and you never showed up, but your mom did. Things went wrong during labor so I gave birth via c section and was put completely to sleep. When I came back to my senses hours later, I was met with the news my baby didn't make it." Tears are still scrolling down Sydney's cheeks and Carter's eyes are full of them too.

"I cried, I yelled, I couldn't believe it. I kept asking to see her and after a few pleads, the little body of a baby girl was brought to me. I couldn't think straight, I couldn't even put together all the questions I had, so I believed them. I didn't see her when she was born so I had no reason to think they were lying to me or tell it wasn't her. I was devastated, and you never arrived. Your mom then told me you had left England for school and didn't want anything to do with me or the baby, that you actually had someone else and that's why you had moved, to be closer to her. My heart was being broken for the second time in less than 24 hours." Sydney adds and looks up to Carter to find him now sitting in front of the desk.

Love's Second Chance जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें