Nightmare

Bucky's PoV-

"Well shit, you guys probably want to oh I dunno lock yourself in a panic room" I say and they all look confused.

"Peter plus sugar equals chaos and destruction, and pop tarts equal lots of sugar and e-numbers" I shrug.

"Pfff you're overreacting" Tony shrugs and they all sit around the living room.

4 hours later

I look around the completely destroyed room and the team, they look like they've seen some shit. To be fair it wasn't just Peter, Harley and Pietro joined in and apparently they had ADHD too.

"Holy fucking shit how can sugar do that to a kid?" Tony asks and they all shrug.

We clean up the room, it wasn't that hard, I put everything valuable or breakable away from Peter's reach before.

I hear Pete groan and he gets off the floor, "what happened?" He asks, his voice hoarse.

"Sugar high" I reply.

"Oh okay" he says looking around, "not as bad as last time" he shrugs.

After tidying Tony suggests we watch a movie seeing as it's quite late, so we all sit around the living room with pillows and blankets.

"Can we watch mulan?" Pete asks sleepily.

"You're gonna fall asleep in like 10 minutes" Tony scoffs.

"So I might still get to see Musha" he says with puppy eyes.

"Fine" Tony sighs and puts mulan on, much to Peter's joy.

5 minutes through the movie Pete falls asleep, his head still against my shoulder and I subconsciously run my hand through his curls.

Nat smirks at me and I glare slightly, she turns back to the screen, a smirk still playing on her face.

Once the movie ends Tony starts talking and loudly, "shhh!" I shush him and he snorts.

I silently get up, picking Peter up carefully and carrying him out the living room as the team snicker.

I lay him on my bed and tuck him in, then brush his hair from his eyes and take off his shoes.

I turn off the lamp and silently leave the room, I walk back through the living room, where the team are looking at me dumbfounded, and into the kitchen.

With a glass of water in hand, I walk back into the living room and sit down, the team all look at me weirdly.

"What?" I ask.

They don't have time to answer because a scream of anguish fills the tower, I jump up immediately and make my way back to my room.

I get to the room, Peter's thrashing around on the bed as he screams "STOP, NO STOP, PLEASE!" He pleads.

I stop him from thrashing and sit up next to him, "shh, it's okay, I'm here, you're okay" I say in a hush tone.

I hold him close to me and brush his hair soothingly, he breaks into sobs and clutches onto me for dear life.

The door opens and Tony, Steve, Clint, Bruce, Natasha and Wanda walk in looking with raised brows. 

"Why are you crying?" Clint asks me and I realise my eyes are filled with tears.

"You don't know what they did to him" I say, holding back more tears and they all look sorrowful. 

"hei shh e în regulă, sunt aici" (hey shh it's okay, I'm here) I say in Romanian to Peter.