The whole story

(All of the story will be in here so there won't be any chapters!)

You found him in the front most pew, his bright clothes and light eyes shimmering under the stained glass above. He was praying, or so you had to assume. You had never done it before - the experience was foregin to you, but the position was familiar. As you approached, your footsteps echoing on the polished floor, he didn't stir. He kept his eyes focused on the statue of the saint that stood high and mighty, right in the middle of the stage before him.

He was pretty. That was obvious. He always was. Even when he was doing some extremely lame shit, like sitting in Church Prime wasting away the hours kissing Jesus' ass. You were enjoying the view, even if it was in such a bullshit scene.

Because it was bullshit. It was more than bullshit.

It was boring.

Boring. That's the first thought you had about this whole situation. Fucking boring. What was the point of something like this? You weren't getting into heaven anyway.

And he wouldn't be getting in either, if you could help it.

"Hey!" You shouted out and he jumped. He whipped around and his cheeks flushed in a gentle, dolly way as he calmed down and realized it was you. Before he can get a word in, you pick up your pace and slide into the pew next to him.

"Oh!" He smiled sheepishly. "Hey, Sapnap." He brushed some hair from his eyes.

"Dude. Where the hell have you been? We're waiting for you over in L'Manberg. There's some dumb event happening." Your foot tapped impatiently.

"Sorry." He crossed his legs at the ankles and swung his feet. "I've just been slacking. You know?"

"Slacking?" You raised an eyebrow. You scoffed. "At what? Speaking to a sky giant who eats babies? That's weak shit. Come on, let's go."

You went to stand but Karl sat there shaking his head. "Nope. I'm not done." He said. He folded his delicate hands together again and you couldn't help but stare at his fingers. They were soft. You knew the skin on them well. You were ripped from your thoughts as he continued to speak. "I have a few more things to do. Chill out and be patient, Sapnap."

You slumped down in your seat. "Dude, seriously? Like what?"

"I still have to say the Lord's prayer. And just keep getting in my time, you know?"

"Your 'time'?" Your voice dripped with a bit of disgust.

He turned to you and gave you a look. His lavender eyes sparkle with a light that you know well, and that you adore. You melt to it. "Yes." He chuckled. "My time."

"Time with who?"

"With the Lord."

You couldn't fight that now. You're a little too smitten. You stayed slumped in your seat and you placed your chin in your hand. "Okay. Whatever. Do your Jesus shit, I'll watch."

"Watch?" His nose scrunched.

You nodded. "Yeah. Really, really closely. Might learn something."

"Don't watch too close, I'll get all nervous." Karl giggled.

But you did watch closely. You watched so closely you didn't get to hear a single word he said. You were too focused on his lips, and the way his thick eyelashes fluttered with every word. He looked like he didn't have to think about what he was doing - it was instinct. He was almost never this relaxed.

Karl was hyper, with a hummingbird heartbeat, so seeing him this calm was a bit off-putting. But it was also weirdly hot. It was hot in that weird way you also found rainbow socks hot. It didn't make sense but it was there and it was definitely interrupting the blood flow to your head.