Left To Die

• Dedicated to Emily Leonard

Inspired by  BlondieChickkUSA

Helps from Mark

============================================================================

Mirroworth the first man-made planet, was once the 'Safest place in the world.'

But due to the corrupted government, they quarantined the area and spread propaganda saying 'the planet has been invaded by unidentified lifeforms' . In reality, the government had unleashed a lethal experiment, the Morphs.

Archer searched in his bag for some food, he had been looting houses and stores, of course, none of this mattered when the city is enveloped by horror. Walls were coated in fresh blood, roads were filled with abandoned cars, dark alleys were now entrance to Hell. Streets were empty but you can always hear the eerie noises around.

Archer found what he was looking for, a corn from the last house he looted. He started munching on the corn, but stopped after witnessing a movement on the corner of his eye.

He gingerly put away his corn and focused on a trash can lid and raised it up using his telekinesis booster gloves his parents dedicated their lives creating. He pulled it towards him, using it as a shield, he looked around for any sudden movements.

All was quiet once more. He walked out onto the balcony and headed towards the Planet Earth Hotel, it was built with Earth resources,unlike the man-made planets nowadays, which uses Zypherum, a metal with a shining glow to deflect the suns rays this along with the artificial atmosphere created by TerraFormatic Co, created an atmosphere similar to Earths.

Archer's parents were two of the head scientists in TerraFormatic. Archer was never informed the work they do in TF. His parents were killed by a 'chemical reaction', Archer doesn't believe that, he believes his parents were murdered, not an accident. Before their death Archer received a package from them, which included the Kinesis Gloves, a note to visit Arcadia and words of condolence.

Archer lived on planet Earth for 10 years, he has the basic knowledge of survival without electricity, which is extremely useful right now on Mirroworth.

The hotel was one of the oldest buildings on Mirroworth. It was made of mainly of wood, stone and cement. The wood provided fires for him, while the stone and cement provided a strong structure without being detectable by Morphs, which are said to be able to see through Zypherum.

Archer was a free runner, he is agile, able to get through all sorts of obstructions.

He swiftly navigated past the abandoned cars without losing speed. On arrival, he barricaded himself inside and headed inside a suite.

He finished his corn and was about to rest, until footsteps could be heard outside.

He leaped off the bed and grabbed a block of wood, he moved silently towards the door.

He opened the door slightly, enough to peek out and found the hallway was empty.

His curiosity grew large, where did the steps come from?

Liquid fell on his shoulder, he looked up. A morph had attached itself to the ceiling.

Archer slammed the door shut, moved tables and all objects he could find in his hotel room to barricade the door. The morph began to attack.

The barricade held it off for a while, but the door itself began to break, soon the morph was going to destroy the defense. Archer headed into the kitchen and took out silver-wares, he was going to launch the knives and forks at the monster.

The morph broke in, destroying the door and clearing a gap in the barricade.

Archer powered his gloves and flung the silver-wares at the morph, launching it back out the door and nailing the morph on the wall.

Archer was relieved, he would not survive without these high-tech gloves.

His relieve was taken from him when he heard footsteps again. He peered out again, this time it was clean. He made his way to the elevator, completely gravitated to the steps.

There was a man standing in the dark, his size intimidated Archer.

He was holding a weapon, a crossbow, Archer approached him.

The man turned around and pointed the crossbow at him, he walked into the light.

The man was wearing a black trench coat and ripped khaki pants, the trench coat was loaded with ammunition. He lowered his crossbow, now at close range Archer noticed it was a kraconium crossbow, a rare expensive military crossbow that had been produced in 2245, however after the Rebellion of the New World Order, the majority of the kraconium was lost and had since ceased production.

"Hello there." The man spoke.

"How did you get your hands on that crossbow?" Archer asked.

"Not even an introduction?"

"I'm Archer."

"Hello, I'm Zenith, do you mind if I travel with you? I don't have a purpose other than to survive."

"Ehh, well, I'm kinda the same, but a company would certainly be more entertaining than alone."

Zenith raised his crossbow, Archer, alarmed, stepped back.

"W-w-what are you doing?"

Zenith fired.