"Oh! Well, sure, why not? Is it too much to ask you to wait until my shift ends, in case you get here early?"

"No, it's fine... I don't mind waiting." He responds.

I smile lightly, suddenly remembering just how lucky I am to have a friend in him. You could have hardly called us a trio when we all first met; it was always clear that Koutarou was the seal between us all. But over the years, we were able to cultivate our own relationship outside of his influence and times like these remind me how much I value that I got to know Akaashi.

"Great, well, I'll see you around... seven-thirty, then?" I ask, and he confirms by making a sound.

"I'll see you, (Y/N)," Akaashi says, and after saying goodbye, I end the call.

The thought of not having to take the bus farther into the city makes me feel more enthusiastic about dinner tonight. As if getting some time with Akaashi and Koutarou isn't enough to be happy about. Before long, seven o'clock becomes seven-thirty, and I find myself rushing out the door.

"Bye!" I call out to the cooks as well as the host who had come in to replace me. They wave in response, up until the door shuts behind me.

In the tiny parking lot, Akaashi's familiar black car sits facing forward; a dim blue light emanates from the windshield on the side of the driver's seat. When I approach the car, his face is clear to see behind his phone screen, and his glasses sit at the end of his nose bridge because of the tilted position his head is in.

He looks up, with his eyes following me once he notices my presence. I wave at him, giving him a smile as he unlocks the car doors.

"Hey," I breathlessly say as I open the door, sitting myself down in the passenger seat.

"Hey. How was work?" Akaashi responds, turning the car on as soon as I shut the door beside me.

"Uh... well, boring. Not many people came in." I say, and as I do, Akaashi flicks the lever to trigger the wipers. Raindrops are beginning to pelt his windshield, and I'm even more glad at this moment that he offered to pick me up.

"That's too bad. Is that place even making any money?" He responds as he lastly grips the stick shift to change gears and propel us forward.

"I couldn't tell you. I'm getting paid, though, the right amount. I think." I say, and we both seem to give the small restaurant one last look before turning our gazes back to the front.

Akaashi swiftly merges into the natural flow of cars from the parking lot, and we're suddenly on our way to the restaurant of Koutarou's choice.

"How is school going? You get off pretty damn late." I say, and Akaashi shrugs next to me.

"It's fine... I couldn't focus that well today, though." He responds.

"Aw, why not? Ah, it was because of the party last night, wasn't it?" I let out a quiet laugh, and he gives me a tight-lipped smile.

"Yeah, maybe. Leave it to Bokuto to want a party on a Sunday night." Akaashi sighs, coming to a stop at the stale red light ahead of us.

"Yeah, it sounds like him," I nod. "I'm really glad to see you both, though. I feel like it's been a while since we've all gotten together like this."

"... I'm glad to see you too, (Y/N)," Akaashi responds.

I look at him to be met with a soft smile. I return the smile to him just before the stoplight reflects green in the frames of his glasses, and he punches the gas pedal.

Eventually, we make it to the restaurant. Akaashi takes some time to reverse into a spot, looking out the rear window with one hand grasping the side of my seat. His mouth rests slightly ajar in his focus, and I turn my gaze in the same direction as him, trying to pursue the same feeling.