06

"Are you currently seeing anyone?"

Koutarou appears on the television screen, beads of sweat decorating his face

Koutarou appears on the television screen, beads of sweat decorating his face. His mouth is slightly ajar as he pants quietly, and he tries to stabilize his breathing with one deep inhale.

The local reporter had approached him swiftly after MSBY's victory against their opposers. He had especially done well today, despite my worry that our falling out would affect his performance in the following games. Yet, the perpetually motivated look in his eyes says differently, and all I can do is follow them with mine, laced with wistfulness.

I watch as he gazes at the reporter in front of him, who is positioned to face the camera.

"I'm standing here with Bokuto Koutarou, who some might say was the star player tonight," She says.

As expected, his eyes light up. I exhale slightly in amusement, continuing to watch the screen in front of me. When the reporter turns around to face him, he does well wiping the bashful look off of his face in time to present a friendly one.

"Bokuto, it's nice to meet you. You were truly incredible out there!" The reporter smiles, tipping her microphone to face him.

"It's great to meet you too! What's your name?" He responds.

"Oh!" The reporter exclaims, slightly looking confused for a moment before replying.

"Matsudaira Emiko."

"Well, Matsudaira, it's nice to meet you as well." He grins, and the woman appears to become flustered momentarily before composing herself.

"Ah, but in regard to the second thing you said, I can't say I agree. It was a team effort, by all means." Koutarou continues.

Suddenly, Akaashi exhales loudly, and I turn my head to see him grinning.

"What a liar," He murmurs, and I smile in high spirits.

Since Koutarou confessed, Akaashi was doing his best to be unbiased between the both of us. While Koutarou and I formed an unspoken rule to not be around each other for the time being, he would navigate that by spending equal amounts of time with either of us. Each time that I expressed that I would be fine, Akaashi respected that. But it was plain to see when he felt the need to check up on me, like today, inviting me to watch Koutarou's game with him at his place.