𝐈𝐈𝐈 - 𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞.

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

R E N A S C E N C E .

"The beauty of witnessing a new dawn is truly breathtaking."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"Y/N, jump on!" You immediately hopped on Yuuji's back, giving him an encouraging pat on the chest. He shot a firm nod your way before jumping out of the school—

He did what now?! Shit, is this the end for me?!

You cried dramatically, banging your head against Yuuji's shoulder in tiny hopes that this was all an awful dream you would be able to snap out of if you just believed hard enough. Air flung past your face though, the strong winds that threatened to blow your hoodie off slapping you with the fact that this was a reality. At the realisation, you desperately clung even tighter to the boy while yanking your hood over your features.

He's gonna land on that thing! MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

You squeezed your eyes shut tightly as you fell rapidly towards the monster, afraid of what would happen to you and Yuuji.

WHACK!

You jolted upon hearing the abrupt impact, bafflement sparking in your eyes. The curse that you had ended up on now laid squirming on the ground. Yuuji swung at the curse again before he jumped back, landing beside Fushiguro and promptly placing you down. You crouched down to the immobile black-haired teen with a concerned gaze. You tapped on his shoulder gently; you didn't want to injure the male any further than he already was in his critical condition.

'You okay? That was a pretty bad punch you took there.'

"I thought I told you to run..." Fushiguro coughed out. You scoffed at the male's idiotic words, lightly tapping his nose with your pencil.

'And have you get thrown out of another building? Yeah no, we're staying.'

"Are you kidding?! I'd have nightmares if I left this place right now! Besides," Yuuji looked straight ahead at the monster. A moment of reminiscence flickered through his mocha irises, steeling his body with resolve. The boy readied himself in a lax yet tough stance, his hand pulled back. "I've actually got quite the curse myself."

Yuuji immediately charged at it, launching punch after punch at the horrendous creature. You gaped, only being able to watch idly as he fought the beast, too weak to do anything more. You glanced at Fushiguro who's forehead was painted and dripping with crimson. A lump of terror formed in your throat, your head spinning from the awful colour that haunted your vision. You gulped down the fear that clawed at your gut. You gripped the male's shoulder as though you were shoving your distressing emotions onto him. Fushiguro flinched at the contact, gritting his teeth. You were almost crushing his shoulder with the amount of pressure you were placing on it, but you paid no attention to his reaction. You proceeded to pull out a small handkerchief.