𝙲𝚑𝚘𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝟼.𝟷

Start from the beginning

"I think it's a little more than that." Reggie shrugged. "But whatever you say."

The next day, the phantoms decide to try to make it up to Julie for bailing on her dance that night.

Reggie suggested they sing her a song, but they barely had time to write it considering she was due out of school in half an hour. They eventually came up with a few lyrics and the young girl walked in.

"We're sorry." Reggie sung from the left of Luke when she came in.

"So sorry." Next came Alex, the other side.

"Really, really sorry." Ashton sung from behind Luke.

"We're super-duper, crazy, stupid." Luke sung on his knees in front of Julie.

"Sorry!" They finished with a harmony, with jazz hands and wide smiles.

"In case you missed it, we're really sorry." Reggie grinned at her.

"Yeah. I... I got that part." Julie nods with a worried look on her face.

"Seriously?" Alex frowned, but high fived Reggie, nonetheless. "We've been here for, like, three hours."

"Yup." Luke nodded. "We almost sang to your little brother."

"He comes in here a lot. Mainly to use the bathroom." Reggie gestured to the back room.

"Yeah." Alex exhaled. "It's not our favourite part of the day."

"I dunno, man." Ashton shrugged, "my least favourite is when Luke asks me to tune his guitar without payment. But..."

"But it wasn't OK that we flaked on the dance last night." Luke said, moving the conversation on. "We know we let you down."

"Yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint you." Alex nodded. "You're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts."

"So, in hopes that you'll re-join the band, we booked a new gig." Luke moved forwards, a sheet of paper in his hand.

"A mega important, life-changing gig." Reggie grinned as Julie looked down at the flyer for an open mic night at a local bar.

"Check it out." Luke leant over, pointing to various writing on the paper. "Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them all away, and we're living the dream."

"So this means a lot to you, huh? Kind of how playing in front of the whole entire school meant a lot to us." Julie nodded.

"Sounds like sarcasm." Reggie said, cluelessly. He gasped and leant in to whisper at Alex and Ash. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working."

"Look, we know we messed up." Alex stepped forwards, trying to sort the situation out.

"But we need you in the band." Luke said desperately.

"Of course you do. Because without me, no one can see you guys playing." Julie continued, stepping closer to Luke. "You know, I thought that the music that we were writing was special, but obviously not."

"Our band has a real chance at greatness." Luke said. "I'm not gonna let that get away from us again."

"Uh-huh. Right. So then why did you bail on us to get back at Trevor?" Julie paused, and Luke can't come up with an answer. "I'll tell you why. Cause there's only one thing you care about.

"Julie!" Ash warned her. "Wrong move."

"And that's yourself."

And with that, Luke poofed away. Ashton turned to scold Julie, but she had already left the garage. She looked between the two guys left, and sighed to herself.