Getting ready - Juli Baker's point of view

I think Bryce's going to ask me to be his girlfriend today. Why hasn't he asked you earlier you might ask. That's because we wanted to get to know each other first. There is a small park near our neighborhood, we go there every week. We love it, It has magnificent trees. We also have been riding our bikes to school every day.
So, the question everyone has been waiting for...Did we have our first kiss? And the answer is: No, not yet. I want to have my first kiss with a person I truly love and appreciate. 2 years ago I would kiss him with no hesitation. But since his actions weren't best in the past few months, I wasn't so sure about the whole kissing thing.
Today I woke up with butterflies in my stomach. I had a feeling that I am finally going to get my first kiss from my first crush. Yesterday at school, Bryce asked me out and of course, I said yes. Then, with his eyes sparkling he left me with a smile on his face. It was...weird. Bryce usually doesn't get so excited about us going out. Cause we've been hanging as friends a lot. So, I think I have a reason to imagine that this was a date. A real date.

I brushed my teeth and walked to the kitchen to eat breakfast. My mom was reading a book on the couch.
"Good morning, mom," I said
"Morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?"
"Not that good."
A wave of anxiety appeared on her face.
"Why so?"
I hesitated for a moment.
"I think I'm going on a real date with Bryce today and I'm nervous."
"Oh Juli, you have nothing to worry about, Bryce's such a gentleman"
"I know, but what if I'm going to do something embarrassing...like always?"
My mom walked over to me and took my hand in her hand.
"You're going to do amazing honey, you always do"
I smiled. My mom always knew how to cheer me up.
"Thanks, mom", I hugged her tightly.
"Is that what I think it is?" I asked my mom smelling my favorite food. Pancakes.
She laughed a little and nodded.
While we were having breakfast, my brothers, Matt and Mark walked in. Matt looked at me.
"Good morning, little sis"
"Good morning!" I smiled.
We talked about the new demo they're working on and finished our food.
I washed the dishes. Usually, my dad does it, but I was too anxious to sit there and do nothing. I went to my room and looked at the clock. It was 12.21 pm. I had plenty of time to get ready, cause Bryce mentioned he's going to be at my house at 5 pm. I decided to take a shower.
It was going to be my first ever date! What am I even supposed to do there? My thoughts were racing through my head.
40 minutes later I walked out of the shower. I felt even more afraid than before because the date is getting closer and closer.
As I was running to my room with my hair dropping water drops on the floor I was thinking about clothes. I had no idea where we were going.
I opened my closet and all of my clothes seemed disgusting. I had absolutely nothing to wear. I started picking out all of my shirts and tossing them on the floor.
"What should I wear? I shouted so that someone would come and help me.
My mom walks into the room.
"You look stunning in anything Juli, wear whatever you want"
"That's the problem, mom. I don't know what do I want"
She picked up a pink dress from the floor.
"This is cute!"
"It's old, and what if Bryce wants me to wear something casual?"
"Okay, what about pants we bought last week and...your white top?"
"I'm going to try it on I guess"
I changed into my low-rise black pants and white top with flowers on it. I thought how I'd rather be a flower right now, they are so calm and steady.
My mom woke me from my ideas of becoming a flower "Oh, Juli you look so pretty."
I realized I was standing in front of a mirror for about 2 minutes.
"Mom, can you please please help me do my hair?" I asked my mom while she was standing behind and admiring my reflection.
"Of course sweetheart, let's go."
We went to the bathroom and spent half an hour doing my hair. They were kind of hard to control.
I walked to my jewelry drawer and took out the gold necklace I got for my birthday. I struggled to put it on as my dad walked past.
"Dad, can you help me with something?"
He went back and peeked in my room.
"What is it?"
"I can't put my necklace on"
He came over, put my hair back, and easily clasped the necklace.
"Thank you" I smiled while my dad was exiting my room.
"No problem Julianna, you look great by the way"
That made me smile even more.
I looked at the clock. 3 pm. "Already?" I thought.
"Lunch!" Mom shouted.
"Coming"
I tried to stay as peaceful as possible. My heartbeat was getting faster every time I thought about my date with Bryce.
Finally, we finished our food. We decided to play a board game. I was trying to stay focused. But it was hard when it was only 1 hour before Bryce comes in.
That hour passed fast. It was now 4.56 pm. I was so nervous that I started biting my nails.
I was sitting on the couch when I heard a knock. My heart wanted to jump out of my chest.
"I'll get it," Mom whispered.
She jogged to the door.
"Oh hi, Bryce."
"Hello, Mrs.Baker, Is Juli ready?"
She glanced at me.
"One second," She closed the door.
I started to fix my hair and clothes.
My mom left to the kitchen and whispered "Good luck!" in my ear.
I came to the door, took a deep breath, and opened it.
There he was.