"That's my girl," he said. "How did Derek's surgery go?" he asked.

"I'm gonna say it went really well, considering I didn't watch it. He's probably fast asleep right now. I'm not far behind him," Erin said. Jesse laughed.

"Go to sleep," he said.

"Gladly," Erin closed her eyes, curling into his chest with a happy sigh.

"Baby Grey, let's go!" Arizona waved Erin towards the pediatric rooms for rounds. They'd been paged in at four am for a baby ten weeks prematurely stroking out in the womb, so Erin was exhausted. She hadn't gotten home until midnight so she was running on four hours of sleep and a shit ton of coffee.

"How you feeling?" Callie asked as Erin joined her, Hunt, Cristina, Jackson and Percy on the walk to the rooms.

"Exhausted," Erin said, taking the coffee from Callie's hands and chugging it.

"You owe me a coffee," Callie said.

"No, I don't," Erin grinned. "You love me," she said.

"I do," Callie smirked.

"Hey, Erin," Arizona turned to face them. "I need you to run to the NICU and check on our baby from this morning. I don't want to miss anything and her mom likes you," Arizona said.

"See you in Wallace's room," Erin nodded.

"See you," Arizona smiled. Erin hurried down to the NICU, washing her hands and gowning up before heading inside.

"Hey, you and Arizona are best friends, right?" Callie slid beside Erin as she stitched a patient in the pit.

"We are, why?" Erin asked cautiously. She was silently praying that Callie hadn't noticed anything about Erin's very secret crush on her girlfriend.

"Because it's her birthday on Friday and she didn't tell me," Callie said.

"Arizona doesn't celebrate her birthday, same as me," Erin shrugged.

"You don't celebrate your birthday?" the kid she was stitching said.

"No, 'cause I'm usually working on little guys like you on my birthday," she teased, poking his stomach. He laughed.

"Good point," he said.

"So, a surprise party is a bad idea?" Callie asked. "Mark said it is," she said.

"I love surprise parties. They're always such a surprise," the kid said.

"That is one of the requirements," Erin laughed in agreement. "If you're gonna throw the party, get alcohol so I can be there when it goes wrong," Erin said. Callie sighed.

"Bring Jesse, if you want," she said.

"Thank you," Erin smiled. Callie waved and disappeared out of the pit.

"Who was that?" the kid asked.

"That is Dr. Torres. She works in ortho, so she fixes people's bones," Erin said.

"And who is Arizona?" the kid asked curiously.

"Well, Arizona is Dr. Robbins. She runs the pediatric ward here and she's a super good surgeon. She's training me, actually, so I can be just as good as her one day," Erin smiled.

"You're super good already! She must be amazing," the kid said. Erin smiled and put the gauze over his stitches.

"She is amazing. You're all good to go, little man. Be careful on those monkey bars in the future, okay? I don't want you to have to meet Arizona because you hurt yourself really bad," Erin helped him to his feet.