Welcome

Platform 9 3/4 [September 1st] 

"Introduce me to your mother, Draco." Ginevra Weasley asked–more like demanded from the blond haired third year that was currently escorting her through the platform.

Hadrian could've snickered openly at the irritated expression on Draco's face. He could physically see the effort it took Draco to plaster on a charming smile and reluctantly walk her towards his mother.

He had ordered his friend to escort Ginevra under the guise that it was "proper etiquette expected from all pureblood gentlemen of his stature".

In reality, Hadrian was simply following his father's directives. His father had commanded him to appear more like a harmless aristocrat, and less like a young lord in the making in order to reduce suspicion towards his name. Which meant everyone around him had to do the same, in order for the illusion to be seen–and believed– by all. Hadrian believed harboring a convict like Sirius Black at Riddle Manor was finally enough to force his father to tread cautiously and avoid the dramatics he was so fond of.

Hadrian saw Narcissa Malfoy look up from her conversation with her Destiny when Draco approached, tugging a smug Ginevra along his side. He trailed imperiously behind them, holding himself with certain casual arrogance only the son of the Dark Lord could exhibit.

"Draco, I've been wondering where you went off to without saying goodbye to your dear mother," Narcissa paused and deliberately let her gaze fall on the girl on his arm, "And who might this young lady be?"

Ginevra girl looked up then, and Narcissa was fairly amused at the way even her small smile seemed both sweet and shrewd. She curtseyed slightly, and introduced herself smoothly, "Ginevra Weasley, Lady Malfoy."

Narcissa raised a brow, "It's nice to meet you, Miss. Weasley. Do forgive me if I sound surprised, for my son has not done the courtesy of mentioning he's acquainted with someone."

Draco heard the implication in his mother's voice and rolled his eyes, "That's because we are not 'acquainted'–"

"What Draco meant to say," Ginevra interrupted, shooting a glare at her blond companion, "was that we're simply good friends."

Destiny snickered under her breath.

Narcissa nodded, "I see. But perhaps you'd like to join my family at our annual Christmas Ball this year? It would be an excellent way to learn more of the elusive Ginevra Weasley," Her voice turned apologetic as she added, "I understand this might be too early to ask you, but I am sure my ill-mannered son will somehow forget when the time comes."

Ginevra concealed her surprise to the best of her ability, and opted to smile her devious little grin again, "It would be my pleasure, Lady Malfoy."

"Excellent." Narcissa beamed, "I'll be sure to owl you an official invitation closer to the date of the ball."

Hadrian stepped forward, and nudged his head in the direction of the Hogwarts Express, "We should begin to board now, since the train is about to leave. Destiny, go ahead without me, I'll get your trunk." He nodded towards Draco, and the blond sighed heavily in understanding as he grabbed Ginevra's trunk as well and began to walk towards the train with Destiny trailing behind them.

Narcissa Malfoy turned to Hadrian when her son was out of earshot and spoke softly, "You were correct."

"I usually am." Hadrian admitted with a grin, "But what exactly am I correct about this time?"

Narcissa moved her head in the direction of her retreating son and his redhead companion, "She's not like those other Weasleys. The fact that she's in Slytherin should've been enough, but she acts different from them as well. She's much more–"