"girls, am i right?" he shakes his head at himself, forcing a small laugh.

"yeah." luke nods.

"no." alex shakes his head before counting the band back into the song.

~*~

later in the evening, the ghosts were hanging out in the studio as they were waiting for the party to begin. sydney and reggie were sitting on the couch together while alex was at his drums and luke was across the room tuning his guitar.

"so," reggie turned to sydney with a small smirk. "alex called me your boyfriend." he says somewhat quietly, not wanting to draw attention from the other boys.

"he did." sydney nods, looking up at him. "is that okay?" she asks hesitantly.

"nope, not okay." he says quickly, shaking his head. sydney's face fell and she glanced away, suddenly very confused. "i mean, i didn't even get a chance to ask you. i was gonna do a whole thing." he explains with a grin, making sydney look back at him, her smile growing. "it was going to be big and romantic and it was going to swoop you off your feet."

sydney smiled slightly and ducked her head, a blush growing on her cheeks. reggie watched her for a moment, taking in how adorable and shy she looked.

"but i am very okay with being your boyfriend." he states, smiling at her.

sydney glanced to him again, and reggie slowly leaned closer to her. she shook her head quickly and nodded towards luke across the room, making reggie roll his eyes slightly but nod understandingly. even though luke was okay with them being together now, sydney didn't want to make a big display of it in front of him.

julie entered the studio soon after to let the ghosts know that people were starting to arrive, so they needed to get ready for the show. only a little while later, flynn's recorded intro began playing over the speakers, and the studio doors were pulled open. julie walked out and took a seat at the piano bench.

"thanks for coming everyone!" she greets the crowd.

Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious

sydney glanced to luke across the studio, who was watching julie with a wide smile.

And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us

the ghosts poofed to behind julie with their instruments and began playing the song. julie spun around, taking a moment to jam out with each of them.

I believe, I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

julie skipped past luke and turned back to the crowd, making the boy stare at her in confusion. sydney and reggie glanced to each other for a moment, both of them shrugging.

(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great

julie turned to sydney and reggie as luke began singing his part.

We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no

luke nodded his head for julie to join him, though she continued to ignore him and turned back to the crowd.

Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way