"well, get used to it." reggie tells him. "because it's not going anywhere." he says, making sydney turn to him with a soft smile.

the room fell silent for a moment, before luke started making fake gagging noises at the two of them. sydney rolled her eyes and turned back to him, noticing he was fighting off a small smile. she knew he was secretly happy that they were happy together.

"we also came in here to tell you guys we have a gig tonight," she says slowly. "but if you'd rather just leave-"

"a real gig?" luke interrupts her, his face now covered with excitement.

"sort of." sydney nods slightly. "julie's throwing a party tonight and we're playing. rays going to film us too." she explains, and a smile grows on luke's face.

"sweet! pretty soon we're gonna be a real band!" luke exclaims. "i'm gonna go talk to julie about what we should play." he announces before poofing away.

the others chuckled softly at his excitement to see julie, all of them knowing full well that he has feelings for the girl. he just didn't realize it yet.

~*~

later that afternoon, the four ghosts were rehearsing the song in the studio, waiting for julie to return from school. the more they ran through the song, the more aggressive alex's drumming became, causing the other three to stop playing.

"alex, you all right?" luke asks him, and alex looked up at him quickly.

"yeah." he nods. "yeah, why?"

the other three glance at each other awkwardly before looking back at him.

"i know it's tough man, people say you never forget your first ghost. maybe that's true?" reggie suggests, shrugging slightly.

"but, i'm sure there will be others." sydney tells him softly, making him nod slightly.

"yeah, thanks guys." he says quietly.

"and alex, you're a great drummer and a great guy, okay?" luke takes a step forward. "i wouldn't let all that stuff get in between you and what you love."

"i don't know man, sometimes a little fire can make things better on stage." reggie raises his eyebrows at the boy.

"like you and julie." sydney teases, poking her brothers arm slightly.

"what's that supposed to mean?" he asks, laughing awkwardly.

"come on, everyone can see the way you look at her when you sing." reggie says. "you guys ooze chemistry." he explains with a small smirk.

"you should never say 'ooze' again, but yeah, i agree." alex says, and sydney nods in agreement.

"okay, no. i have chemistry with everybody that i sing with." luke defends, making the other three look at him skeptically. "seriously! watch." he takes a step towards reggie.

I believe, I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That were standing on the edge of
Great

he sings to the dark haired boy, as alex and sydney glance to each other, both trying not to laugh.

"wow, i see chemistry." sydney jokes.

"i think your brother is trying to steal your boyfriend." alex tells her, making her roll her eyes slightly.

"that was pretty hot." reggie squeaks out, his eyes widened.

luke pressed a kiss on his fingers before placing them on reggies lips and spinning away. reggie glanced around in confusion, before his eyes landed on sydney and he cleared his throat awkwardly.