Chapter 23 - The beginning of the end

Start from the beginning

"Boys! You're friends are here!", one staff manager yelled. Of course they had told them their friends would come. Otherwise the girls would not have been allowed to visit them in the waiting room. 

Everyone jumped up making Youngtaek wake up from his sleep and falling down the couch. Surprised he stood up but when he figured what happened he ran as well. 

As soon as the boys spotted the girls nervously waiting, they started yelling and embraced them in a big group hug. 

"Calm down or you'll ruin your hair!", Hwayoung scolded them but a big smile was plastered on her face. Everyone was smiling so brightly they could compete against the sun. 

 "Your shirts are amazing. Did you design them?", Jibeom asked surprised and the girls proudly looked at their merch. 

"I did. Took me a while but are definitely cheaper." 

Soon the boys showered Hwayoung in compliments making her embarrassed. They talked a lot and the boys felt their nervousness slowly disappearing. Meanwhile Jangjun pulled Siyeon away from the group and towards a guy who has been watching the boys with a smile. BLSSD. 

"What are you doing?", Siyeon asked confused but Jangjun was already grinning widely. 

"Siyeon, this is BLSSD, our Producer." Jangjun then turned to the man. "This is Siyeon, the girl who sang the song I showed you." 

"It's nice to meet you.", BLSSD said and Siyeon bowed still confused. Jangjun showed him her song? "Jangjun told me about your passion of song writing. I have to say, your song is good but you can make more out of it. I have a suggestion for you." 

"Huh?", Siyeon asked confused. Her brain was definitely taking its time to comprehend what was happening. 

"I would like to work with you on the song. In my opinion it really fits to the Golden Child boys and if you want of course, they could sing it. I can't promise anything, but if you prove yourself to be a good writer, you can maybe even work here permanently."  

"Huh?", Siyeon said again but BLSSD was already walking away with a smile. While watching the boys greet their friends he figured out what Jangjun and Siyeon felt for each other. He did not only want to give her a chance to fulfil her dream, but also make sure the couple would not fall apart due to their company. 

"Isn't that amazing?", Jangjun asked excited and grabbed her hands not caring if any staff members saw them. He was so happy yet nervous he simply didn't care. 

"Is this real? Am I dreaming?", Siyeon stammered. She could work here. She could officially let the boys sing her song. She could be near him. Jangjun. 

"This is your chance. Our chance." 

All of a sudden Siyeon's worries were washed away and she hugged Jangjun tightly. Overwhelmed she realized how lucky she was. She had Jangjun, her boyfriend she didn't want at first but who made her want to love again. Her dream would come true as well, if she'd work hard enough for it.

"Thank you.", she whispered into his ear and a single tear rolled down her cheek. Jangjun noticed and pulled her into a corner where they couldn't be seen by the staff. Softly he wiped the tear away. Her happiness meant his own happiness and one could say he was the luckiest man on earth right now. 

"I think I love you.", he said quietly making Siyeon's eyes widen. They hadn't been together for long but he felt it. Jangjun didn't have much experience with love but this felt right. This felt like love. He just wanted her to know and not pressure her to say it back. 

Siyeon on the other hand wasn't thinking about ever leaving him. She was aware she didn't know him that good yet but that could change.  

Not able to hold back her emotions Siyeon kissed him. Surprised Jangjun broke out in a smile. After a few seconds Siyeon pulled away just so they were only a few centimetres apart. 

"I think I love you too." 

On the other side of the room Hwayoung tried her best to calm down the boys. Some of them had already been called by their stylists or to check their mics. Sadly Jibeom had to go as well but she was happy she had seen him again. 

Now she was trying to encourage Bomin who was walking back and forth the whole time. He had already asked her what to say to Goldeness since he didn't want to screw up. 

"Just let your heart talk. Don't think too much about it. Goldeness will love everything you say." 

"Are you sure?" 

"As a fact, I'm a Goldeness as well." 

"Thank you.", Bomin said and stopped walking. Then Hwayoung's eyes fell onto the side of his shirt and she gasped. 

"How the unicorn did you manage to rip up your shirt?" 

"Huh? What?", Bomin asked but then spotted the hole in his shirt. Nervously he looked around the room for a stylist but their hands were obviously full with the other boys. Jaehyun had accidently spilled a drink onto his trouser and Daeyeol could not find his own shirt. 

"Take it off.", Hwayoung ordered the boy who looked at her shocked. Ignoring him she grabbed some needles and a black thread. 

"I don't feel about you in that-" 

"Look, I'm not trying to hit on you, just take it off or Daeyeol will kill you." 

"You have a point.", Bomin said and took the shirt off. Surprised he watched as Hwayoung quickly sewed it back together and was done in under a minute. One could easily see his shirt has had a hole but it was definitely better than to see Bomin's belly. 

"How- How did you, woah.", Bomin said and added a little 'thanks' after quickly putting it on again. 

"My brother always had holes in his jeans. I did it about thousands of times.", Hwayoung answered and noticed a stylist coming over to them automatically fixing Bomin's hair. Then she spotted the threads in his shirt.

"How did you rip that up, boy?", she asked amused. Then her gaze fell onto Hwayoung who was still holding the needle. "Oh, that was you? Thanks a lot. We're under much pressure right now." 

"No problem. I'm glad I could help.", Hwayoung replied instantly and put away the sewing staff in her hands. Then the stylist's gaze fell onto her shirt and she smiled surprised. 

"That's not official merch, right?", she asked and winked slightly. "Did you do this yourself?" 

"I did. Way cheaper and more unique."

"It's good, actually.", the Stylist said and then bowed. "I'm Runa." 

"I'm Hwayoung." 

"So you're the girl Jibeom can't stop talking about? Even in his sleep?", Runa asked amused and smiled when Hwayoung blushed. "How cute." 

"We, uhm, we are not, you know-" 

"It's okay. I'm sure no one would blame you for dating. Being an Idol should just be a job and not a way of life. The boys deserve to be loved." 

"That's impressive.", Hwayoung said shocked by her opinion. Positively, of course. 

"Are you planning on doing something with clothes as your job?", Runa asked interested and looked around. The stylists were working hard and weren't payed the best but they all loved what they were doing. Unfortunately, with an upcoming album, the concert and in a few weeks Road to Kingdom as well, they'd have too much work to handle. 

"I am, actually. But it's hard to find a job when you just graduated." 

"Maybe I can help.", Runa said smiling mysteriously. "Would you like to work here?" 

"Here? In-in Seoul?" 

"No, on the moon, Hwayoung. Of course here." 

"That would be fantastic!"