↳ (𝐓𝐁𝐇𝐊) The Only Exception - Teru Minamoto

Start from the beginning

He clashed together with a student but none fell to the ground. They both let out groans of pain, but Teru was the first to recover, or so he thought.

"I'm sorry!" They both shouted simultaneously, both their eyes opened wide, and lifted their head to each other.

"It's alright, I was the one running and I didn't... look where I was going..."

"No, no! I was too distracted I didn't even notice you." They blurted out waving their hands, "Why were you running down the hall? Are you in a rush?"

"No that's not it. I was just" As he pointed his thumb to his left, he started to slightly panic.

What was he gonna say? He can't say that a supernatural creature took his pen and expects them to believe that, right? Then again students already knew about the mokkes, but better than safe and sorry, right?

"U-Uh... I was chasing my pen(?)" He tensed, 'What an excuse, Teru...' He mentally scolded.

"Yeah! It's supposed to be around..." He turned his body to the left hall and turned to find the mokke who was long gone. "It's not here..."

A melodic chuckle sounded, and he looked back at the student.

They dipped their hand in their pocket to find a pen. "Here, you can have it. I have plenty to spare." They chuckled looking at his frazzled state.

For the first time, Teru stood there and didn't know what to do, what to say, what to act, it's like his mind went blank just like that. He slowly took the pen. "Thank you..." He breathed out involuntarily.

"No problem! Anyways, do you know where the cooking club is?"

He still didn't speak. The gleaming rays of sunlight illuminated their features, various tints of color hitting their skin and eyes. When was the last time he found someone this endearing?

Shortly, they glanced at his left arm. "Oh, wait you have a student council band! Can you help me find it?"

He broke from his dazed state and cleared his throat. "Sure, follow me." Teru turned his body around and motioned his hand to come with him. Even though it was his duty to aid students, a genuine feeling manifested inside him, willingness?

They perked up and smiled brightly. "Thank you so much, uh-"

"Teru. Teru Minamoto. Nice to meet you." He answered without hesitation. The student smiles "Y/n L/n. Pleasure's all mine, Mr. President!"

Present

"TERU! I said powdered sugar, not granulated!" Lightning-blue eyes glanced below him. He was assigned to make the buttercream for their cupcake treats, but his little reminisce journey pulled him out of duty. How embarrassing.

"Sorry, I didn't pay too much attention."

"You have to have your full attention when you're cooking!" Y/n, let's take a sigh. "Anyways we'll start from scratch, this time I'll help you. Go wash your hands while I start making another batch." They point towards the sink.

He let out a chuckle and washed his butter-creamed hands.

Ever since that faithful day, Teru's made an effort to check up on them more often than normal, swinging by the Cooking Club every once in a while, absent-mindedly ignoring the other swooning students just to see them.

With his occupation as president and an exorcist, he didn't have time for relationships. But, just for a while, he allowed himself to indulge selfishly.