Noel

A plume of breath escaped Bakugou's lips and wafted in the cold winter air. Having made some time to spruce himself up this Christmas season, he walked along the snow-covered pavement with you in his arms hanging off from your shoulders. You held onto his wrist before he reached out for your hand, holding it beside him while his weight pushed you down.

"Why did I agree to this?" he questioned, more so to himself rather than to anyone in particular.

"Because he's your friend?" you answered inquisitively.

"Tch, damn nerd. Christmas is overrated."

You snuck a quick peek at his face, a little red in the cheeks more so from the cold while he buried his nose into the thick scarf he had wrapped around his neck. Yet his eyes looked distant. He was deep in thought, contemplating his decision about his Christmas invitation to Midoriya's.

"Are you having second thoughts?" you asked, a little concerned.

"Why would I be?" he questioned. "We're almost there Lightweight."

"I mean, he told you what he was planning. I'm happy that you're supporting him."

A grumble murmured from his scarf when you spotted his eyes looking away from you. You chuckled before you heard a voice in the distance, actually a few echoing in the cold. Both of you stopped to turn, finding Kirishima on his way, pulling along his partner by their hand, as well as Ashido.

"Kirishima! Ashido! Hey!" you called, waving your hand in the air.

"Hey you two!" called Kirishima, reaching the both of you with his partner in tow. "Excited? I heard Midoriya's got a big roast happening."

"And all of the sweets!" added Ashido, brimming with joy.

"Is it only just your stomachs you're excited over?" you questioned with a smile.

"What did you expect?" sneered Bakugou before he earned an elbow to the ribs by Kirishima.

"Come on Bakugou, it's not like you're not excited, aren't you?" he asked, jovially and jokingly to a degree.

"I'm not."

"Wow, someone's a party pooper tonight," continued Ashido. "Is it because you're not cooking?"

"Will you quit it?"

"Well, Thumper and I are going ahead. Meet you guys there?" exclaimed Kirishima before he pulled his partner with him in tow.

"See you guys!" followed up Ashido, taking steps ahead to catch up to Kirishima. "Hope there's still some treats for you left!"

"This isn't Halloween, Racoon Eyes," exclaimed Bakugou, irate of his friends' antics before they disappeared in the distance. You eyed your surroundings in the snow-covered street until you noticed a building up ahead not too far, catching a glimpse of the three silhouettes heading into the foyer room.

You smiled to yourself at the three before glancing at Bakugou's already irate mood. You merely shifted your hand towards his, wrapping your fingers around his rough ones, feeling him reciprocate in kind without even batting an eyelid towards you. You shook your head, knowing full well that Bakugou, despite this mood, still was present with you.

——

Arriving at Midoriya's was an interesting greeting, with both men mutually saying their hellos before Bakugou stomped his way inside. You reassured Midoriya of his mood, knowing of what was to come and thanked him for the invitations. The evening moved on while more guests arrived before it was a cosy fit in the lounge.